• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When do you decide what to wear?

Diem

Reaction score
How and when do you decide what you are wearing the next day/to a party?

I often decide what I'll wear in the morning, when I'm in the shower or brushing my teeth. The process is completely random and I don't really have a motif or concept.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If its for work, in the morning, it usually depends how im feeling, if my body feels good, i'll grab the slim designer clothing, if i'm not feeling good, i'll just jump into my jcrew business casual...
For shoes it depends if it is raining or not...

For play, i see what the occassion is, the temperature, and then i try to go from there...

Usually think on the fly unless i know i am going somewhere in advance that i need to semi dress up, then i usually formulate an idea in my head

Mushroom77

Reaction score
Not that I have any form of extensive wardrobe, but I usually get inspiration when I'm daydreaming in class, or I'll just decide when I'm getting ready for bed the night before... Unless it's for a party or special occaision, in which case I'll actively daydream in class
tounge.gif

beefcake

Reaction score
I have all my clothes on the floor of my bedroom, so when I wake up I blindfold myself and run around masturbating furiously, and whatever clothes are hit by my seminal fluid, I wear.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beefcake
I have all my clothes on the floor of my bedroom, so when I wake up I blindfold myself and run around masturbating furiously, and whatever clothes are hit by my seminal fluid, I wear.

FTW.

batorizer

Reaction score
I usually have an item of clothing that I'm wanting to wear the next day; shoes, pants, shirt or jacket. Then, if weather permits, i'll base my outfit on that item the next morning.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for work, I decide the night before. I can't stand to wake up in the morning and not know what to wear and not have said clothes be pressed.

for play, I usually decide right before I go out.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually just fling **** around the room. I'll have to try the masturbation method, though -- it sounds more pleasurable.

mikeman

Reaction score
In the morning unless I have some special occasion.

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
Usually about 5minutes before leaving the house I grab whatever is laying on top of my big pile of clothing on the floor.

heyheyhey

Reaction score
Everyday wear is pretty easy, I just look in my wardrobe and I'll put something together by how I want to present myself, and by what the weather's like.

Going out is harder, I usually think it over for the whole day, sometimes from the day before, then try a bunch of things until I find something that fits.

BYucko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
for work, I decide the night before. I can't stand to wake up in the morning and not know what to wear and not have said clothes be pressed.

for play, I usually decide right before I go out.

Pretty much the same over here.

I have school, and since I don't like getting yelled at or anything, I don't want to be late. I have had times where I took so long to choose what to wear and trying things out that I was indeed late.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads