When do TM Lewin and C.Trywhitt have actual sales?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bnussbaum12, Mar 21, 2011.

1. bnussbaum12

bnussbaum12 Active Member

Seems to be that on the website they aways have some type of deals going throughout the year. Is there a specific time of the year when they have an actual sale and a larger discount?

Thanks.

2. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Their sales usually coincide with Jos. A Bank's.

3. Loathing

Loathing Senior member

It's weird: in London, these shirts are shit, and their stores have sales pretty much year round; but in the US, and on these forums, they seem to quite popular. :/

4. bnussbaum12

Their sales usually coincide with Jos. A Bank's.

da-dum ching!

but seriously, anybody know?

5. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Seriously? There's always a sale going on. Go to CT's site right now. Click "Shirts" then click "Dress shirts", then "Slim". Every shirt is listed at 50% or more off of its original price.

6. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Seriously? There's always a sale going on. Go to CT's site right now. Click "Shirts" then click "Dress shirts", then "Slim". Every shirt is listed at 50% or more off of its original price.

cause they know they can't sell at full price...

7. inimitable

inimitable Senior member

4 for £100 is pretty much available all year round, with the price sometimes dropping to £90 around the traditional sale times.

The individual price for shirts does vary throughout the year though. I think the cheapest is about £27.50 for a single shirt. Right now they are £37.50

8. bnussbaum12

4 for £100 is pretty much available all year round, with the price sometimes dropping to £90 around the traditional sale times.

The individual price for shirts does vary throughout the year though. I think the cheapest is about £27.50 for a single shirt. Right now they are £37.50

thanks...do you know when those big sales are? also, anyone have a free ship to the US code?

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

They normally have a winter and summer sale at roughly the same time as other major retailers, but unless you're wanting suits or shoes the reductions aren't much more than the normal periodic offers.

I think their shirts are good value at £25 and okay at 30-35 but wouldn't pay more than that.

10. Doc4

Doc4 Senior member

thanks...do you know when those big sales are? also, anyone have a free ship to the US code?

You just missed the winter sale*. It comes around every January or so, until mid-February, IIRC. The summer sale* hits about mid-July and into August. There are usually some "further reductions" toward the end of the sales, as selection gets slim.**

* by 'sale' I mean a real discount from the usual sale that's going on all the time.

** unlike the cut of their shirts.

11. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

12. bnussbaum12

** unlike the cut of their shirts

HAHA-not to hijack from the slim shirt thread but would the "fully fitted John Francombs" be a decent slim fit?

13. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

CT shirts are like Baroni suits. The ostensible "mark-downs" are an inflated, invented, laughable number with no bearing whatsoever to reality, because nobody on God's green earth would pay the "full" price, which is the figment of some marketing department guy's vivid imagination.

14. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

regardless of the inflated msrp's on their site, I do tend to think their shirts are decent for the price.

important, regardless of whether you live in the UK or the US, order from their UK site.

The prices are much lower, especially once the VAT is removed. Shipping costs are the same or close.

15. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

This is correct. In July you'll find individual shirts retailing for around £20. In addition you can add Hawes & Curtis to this list too.