When dining alone, is it rude to read?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by computerpro3, Feb 3, 2011.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

How fucking insecure are you that you have to ask this question?

2. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

Seriously? What in the hell would inspire you to ask such a stupid fucking question?

In a forum full of helicopter-parented nancies asking advice/approval on how to perform the most mundane of tasks, this might be the stupidest question ever asked on here.

Do you honestly think society expects you to sit there and eat, expressionless, staring straight ahead for your entire meal? And if society did, would you even want to be a part of it?

+1 Sometimes when I eat alone I ask the staff if they have today's paper.

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

Seriously? What in the hell would inspire you to ask such a stupid fucking question?

In a forum full of helicopter-parented nancies asking advice/approval on how to perform the most mundane of tasks, this might be the stupidest question ever asked on here.

Do you honestly think society expects you to sit there and eat, expressionless, staring straight ahead for your entire meal? And if society did, would you even want to be a part of it?

[​IMG]

I was going to start a thread asking if it's rude to chew when dining alone, but now I'm ascared.

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

Feels good to let out all that rage, doesn't it?

And I love this part: "helicopter-parented nancies"
    [​IMG]

6. computerpro3

computerpro3 Senior member

I was hoping to provoke you?

7. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I was hoping to provoke you?

Nice try. Your body of work make Edina look positively glorious.

8. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. [​IMG]

9. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

anyone who travels for work does this all the time. I do it almost everyday.

10. computerpro3

computerpro3 Senior member

Personally, I think it's the pearl necklace you gave him that accomplished that. I have a feeling the responses would have been markedly different if I added some snark to the OP; perhaps worded, "Are you ok with being that douchebag with the iPad at Lola?"

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Personally, I think it's the pearl necklace you gave him that accomplished that.

I have a feeling the responses would have been markedly different if I added some snark to the OP; perhaps worded, "Are you ok with being that douchebag with the iPad at Lola?"

No, it's still a stupid, insecure question and the lulz would ensue regardless.

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I remember sitting in a *** restaurant in Paris one evening watching a plump Parisienne eat alone, read a book and have a few cigarettes, all with her dog at her feet. I was thinking that she looked like the most content person in the whole fucking place.

13. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

bahahahahahahahaha

14. randallr

randallr Senior member

Y'all are fucking spewing some hate.

@FLMM nobody could ever be more fucking useless than Edina. In fact, he's so stupid I feel sick just acknowledging his presence. He starts like 10 threads about a girl being into him or about how much of a loner he is. Fuck...I have to go throw-up now.

15. milosz

milosz Senior member

Reading a book at a meal is awkward - too much concentration required.