When choosing your style of jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by modual, Jun 30, 2006.

1. modual

modual Senior member

Like many on here i have bootcut and straight leg jeans.I'm interested to know what influences your decision when choosing to wear bootcut or straight leg jeans with sneakers / shoes. Imo bootcut such as nudie reg ralf looks good with pretty much everything i.e desert boots , low profile adidas italia. So what do you guys normally wear with what and why

2. DNW

DNW Senior member

I wear both bootcut and straight leg jeans with boots or sneakers, interchangeably. I don't really think about them that much.

3. swooc

swooc Senior member

i wear boot cut jeans cause i like mine to cover the shoes i wear. Only exception are thin shoes like the chucks which i wear straight leg with.

4. cgeezy

cgeezy Active Member

A cut like the APC New Standard I feel really works for a "straight-taper" asthetic. I feel you can wear slimmer shoes with them and they look great. I do think though that my APCs fit a little looser than most who buy them.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I have an unofficial sizing system in my head. Chunky shoes = big leg opening. Skinny shoes = small leg opening.

6. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

I have an unofficial sizing system in my head. Chunky shoes = big leg opening. Skinny shoes = small leg opening.
    Naturally!