• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

When a flask comes in handy...

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I visited a friend and while I was there he received a phone call from his mother informing him that she has been diagnosed with cancer. He was in terrible condition for a while...we went out onto the balcony and talked at length about what this means for him, his family, etc. Then he says..."Boy, I could really use a drink..."

Out came my newly acquired flask(
) and out there in the cold we shared a moment and a drink. It was as if our friendship was cemented forever in that moment.

I will do my best to never leave home without the flask

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have an indelible memory of visiting the gravesit of a coach of mine, a man who I greatly admired. It was a military cemetery and rather active (unfortunately), so the area was devoid of grass. It was a cold rainy day, in December, and the yard was solid mud. Three of us approached the grave, stood for a moment in silent respect, and then one solemnly pulled out a flask filled with gin. It had been our coach's patron spirit, he never traveled without a thermos of it. We passed the flask around, enjoyed the warmth against the cold weather, then walked back to the car and left.

It wouldn't have been the same without the flask. A fitting tribute, for those that knew him.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
I have an indelible memory of visiting the gravesit of a coach of mine, a man who I greatly admired. It was a military cemetery and rather active (unfortunately), so the area was devoid of grass. It was a cold rainy day, in December, and the yard was solid mud. Three of us approached the grave, stood for a moment in silent respect, and then one solemnly pulled out a flask filled with gin. It had been our coach's patron spirit, he never traveled without a thermos of it. We passed the flask around, enjoyed the warmth against the cold weather, then walked back to the car and left.

It wouldn't have been the same without the flask. A fitting tribute, for those that knew him.

Thanks for sharing

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 43 15.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 88 31.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 53 18.7%
  • 31 - 40