Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wheels - June 5, 2014

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by StyleforumRobot, Jun 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. StyleforumRobot

StyleforumRobot Senior member Moderator

Hot Topics

Common Projects

Common Projects burst onto StyleForum five or six years ago, offering extremely sleek, high-end, well-made sneakers at sub $300 prices (which, six years ago, was still a ton). What seems a lifetime later, the brand still is killing it, and shockingly still dominates a category where it can be challenging to find unadorned, simple sneakers with a great profile. The Achilles is still the kind of the raw denim pairing.

Shoes & Socks

This thread is one of my favorite WAWYT experiences: it’s nothing but pictures of shoes and socks. Despite this, there’s an excellent community within these posts, and it’s amazing to see what a rotation of truly high-end shoes looks like, and what posters are actually bothering to wear their St. Crispins instead of locking them in a display case and taking them out to photograph and polish every few weeks.

Fly Fishing

This is a… narrow thread (a good way to put it). Fly fishing. I really know nothing about fly fishing, but apparently a small number of forum posters are really into the sport (it’s a sport, right?) and share some pretty cool pictures of their experiences. Check it out.

2. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

A good point, and I find it difficult to understand why that is.

I know that branding is king, and it's clear to see that kids love Nike and a lot of that is because of the obvious branding, but it's still a surprise that there are so few challengers to CP and quite a few of those are difficult to get hold of, too.