1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Shibumi Firenze bringing us classic accessories and bespoke tailoring from Florence, and owned long time member "Braddock", and Jonathan Abel who bring us their Goodyear welted shoes made in Portugal.

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Whee do you buy your clothes or accessories from?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Christopher Durant, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Christopher Durant

Christopher Durant Member

What is your “go to” place for clothing that is affordable yet stylish? Need some new ideas where I can buy myself some new things.!
    Also....are messenger bags still in fashion?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018

2. maxalex

maxalex Senior Member

My go-to place for clothes is Italy, where I have several favorite bespoke tailors. They are indeed stylish, and affordable to me. I wear a waxed canvas messenger/camera bag from Ona on my motorcycles in Africa, Europe and America because it holds my shit, including rain gear to protect my bespoke clothing (especially in Africa). If it’s fashionable I wouldn’t know, although Africans seem to dig it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018

3. stylish_raven

stylish_raven Active Member

in europe bespoke tailors are usually cheaper

4. breakaway01

breakaway01 Distinguished Member

You need to provide more specifics.
    What does “affordable” mean to you? What types of clothing are you looking for? Where do you live? Are you looking for brick and mortar retailers, online retailers, or both?

5. Christopher Durant

Christopher Durant Member

Well for example something the majority could afford without breaking the bank and it could be online or a high street store. I live in England at the moment and people seem to think the more expensive an item of clothing is the better it makes you look, which in my experience is definitely not true !

6. visionsofgabriel

visionsofgabriel New Member

Honestly Zara, Topman, and Forever 21 have been my go-to's for clothing lately. It is suuuuper affordable and have pretty trendy stuff, both classic and a little flashy. For online stores, I love ASOS. These are probably stores you have heard of, but if you can get past it not being name brand or super high-end, you can find some really awesome items!