• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wheat gluten

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hey do you guys eat wheat gluten

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only the purest Seitan money can buy.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
im tryin to cut out gluten altogether because it is poisoning my bowels and causing imbalanced humours, does anyone else cut out gluten?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think gluten scare is on the same level as cell phone scares

in the .075% chance you actually have celiac disease forgoing a visit to the doctor and undergoing a small intestine biopsy, i guess you could try cutting it out completely see what happens and then add it back it to see what happens. i would say that your mental perception of it greatly influences your perception of symptoms

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
so do you eat wheat gluten or what

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
im tryin to cut out gluten altogether because it is poisoning my bowels and causing imbalanced humours, does anyone else cut out gluten?

devil.gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum

in the .075% chance you actually have celiac disease forgoing a visit to the doctor and undergoing a small intestine biopsy, i guess you could try cutting it out completely see what happens and then add it back it to see what happens. i would say that your mental perception of it greatly influences your perception of symptoms

An intestinal biopsy isn't going to tell you if you have a gluten sensitivity or not. It's just going to show if any damage has been done to the villi in your intestines. The best way to find out if you have a sensitivity to wheat is probably a blood test for antigliadin antibodies.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it wont tell you if you have sensitivity but it'll definitely tell you if you actually have celiac disease

i dont cut out wheat gluten, but i dont actively try and consume it either

stever

Reaction score

the likelihood of having coeliac is actually around 1%. as you said though, a small colon biopsy is essential for a correct diagnosis

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
is that a picture of a small colon biopsy in your avatar

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stever
the likelihood of having coeliac is actually around 1%. as you said though, a small colon biopsy is essential for a correct diagnosis
I think that percentage would be higher if more people were actually being routinely tested for it.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i dont think celiac disease is serious enough for people to be routinely tested

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
DC be trollin.
laugh.gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont think celiac disease is serious enough for people to be routinely tested

Why?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads