• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your YOOX approach?

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I check new arrivals daily and often spend ages making sure I see everything. You never know what gem you're going to find. It's actually part of the fun of yoox for me, as sad as that might sound. I don't think it's that overwhelming. There are a core group of brands that I'll normally make a beeline for, though. I only wish they'd categorize things better. Making use of their filters will ensure that you miss something. For example, I want a pair of light blue washed jeans and will find pairs very much fitting that description categorised as 'dark wash', and not among the items returned when selecting 'light wash'. Part of the infuriation of yoox is finding something you've always wanted that is only available in size XS and XXXL.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yoox is a great example of horrendous site design and a frustrating user experience. The pricing isn't worth the headache, either.

AE7

Reaction score
why so much hate? Yoox may be not the most user friendly site, but their deliveries, returns and customer services in general work very good. as for prices, where in UK you can get Brunello Cucinelli cashmere for 60 pounds, or Boglioli blazer for 70? Plus most often free shipping or 6 pounds cost of shipping and free return by UPS.

If you don't like, just don't buy from there. They are not spamming, flipping or shilling, so there is absolutely no reason to get irritated.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
User experience is a big deal, man. I get headaches just trying to find **** on Yoox that's in my size and looks good. I usually give up in frustration after a few minutes. And I don't have the time, patience, or inclination to order experimentally (i.e., order something I'm unsure of, with an expectation of returning it if I don't like it).

Yoox could quadruple its sales volume if it made the user experience easier. It would be a fantastic business move for them.

AE7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Yoox could quadruple its sales volume if it made the user experience easier. It would be a fantastic business move for them.

This I agree with. Although I dont mind browsing it at all. At the same time, if it will become more user friendly, I guess it would get more exposed and goodies will always be sold out. It is an interesting experience to find some truly beautiful items at a pennies cost, with the change of interface this will not be that amusing and they will be gone much faster.

GBer

Reaction score
Their alerts don't work at all. I never get alerts, but I see they have new items all the time for my alerts.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 'premier' alerts (when new items arrive in your selected brands) stopped working for me, and couldn't be relied upon to begin with.

If you aren't starved for alternative shopping locations then I can see why it wouldn't be worth bothering with, but I couldn't find the same things elsewhere anyway, and especially not at the same price.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yoox is a great example of horrendous site design and a frustrating user experience. The pricing isn't worth the headache, either.

Agreed.

The only thing I enjoy on the site is looking through the women's underwear categories. I don't know who the model is, but I'm in love. lol

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've tried to shop there before, but the site is just a disaster. I really don't want to have to put a bunch of effort to figure out how to effectively shop on a website. Even if you know exactly what brand and item you want to look at, it's still a slog. I tried to pull the trigger on a few PSA items, but they're always sold out before I can get to them
ffffuuuu.gif

tombrokaw

Reaction score
i don't know what's so difficult. you go to the type of item you want. sort by price and by size. how difficult is that?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tombrokaw
i don't know what's so difficult. you go to the type of item you want. sort by price and by size. how difficult is that?
A halfway decent ******* search function would be nice, for starters. Better site layout, too. And the pics are terribly unrepresentative. Sorting through descending/nested categories is tedious, time-consuming, and very 1998. This thing called Google came along awhile back and really changed how people can do things on the internet. Clicking through hierarchical lists was one of those things Google eliminated, and it should have stayed dead and gone.

Chrenetique

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AE7
as for prices, where in UK you can get Brunello Cucinelli cashmere for 60 pounds, or Boglioli blazer for 70?
What? I never manage to see good deals on Yoox. Everything is filthy expensive. How does it work? Do you have to wait for certain periods of the year? Do you have to check every day?

AE7

Reaction score
Well, they were selling off a lot of stuff from the A/W season for quite a long time. Every other week they have 15% off deals and free shipping. I personally purchased several items for very low prices, including BC and Lardini. If you go there right now, you still might find some of the stuff for pennies (like Les Copains ties for 15 pounds) ... From this sale I got Spanish blazer Armand Basi that is sold for 60 pounds down from original 240 pounds. See how it looks in real life, still can return it with no worries.
And for some stuff, they are not charging too much even without sales.
Do search in the thread NEW YOOX CODE - it will give you the ideas about some under radar italian brands that are sold on Yoox.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A halfway decent ******* search function would be nice, for starters. Better site layout, too. And the pics are terribly unrepresentative. Sorting through descending/nested categories is tedious, time-consuming, and very 1998. This thing called Google came along awhile back and really changed how people can do things on the internet. Clicking through hierarchical lists was one of those things Google eliminated, and it should have stayed dead and gone.
uh, this. Every time I try to give Yoox a chance, I end up with a headache. Plus, maybe I'm just not that learned on sartorial matters, but I haven't heard of 90% of the brands on that website. I have no idea what is quality because the fit pictures certainly don't give me a clue.

coop86

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the RLBL suits for $1250 on yoox right now... The navy one says its 12% nylon and 2% elastane, is that normal?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads