1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What's your YOOX approach?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gladhands, May 3, 2011.

1. GBer

GBer Senior member

Their alerts don't work at all. I never get alerts, but I see they have new items all the time for my alerts.

2. winston

winston Senior member

The 'premier' alerts (when new items arrive in your selected brands) stopped working for me, and couldn't be relied upon to begin with.

If you aren't starved for alternative shopping locations then I can see why it wouldn't be worth bothering with, but I couldn't find the same things elsewhere anyway, and especially not at the same price.

3. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Yoox is a great example of horrendous site design and a frustrating user experience. The pricing isn't worth the headache, either.

Agreed.

The only thing I enjoy on the site is looking through the women's underwear categories. I don't know who the model is, but I'm in love. lol

4. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I've tried to shop there before, but the site is just a disaster. I really don't want to have to put a bunch of effort to figure out how to effectively shop on a website. Even if you know exactly what brand and item you want to look at, it's still a slog. I tried to pull the trigger on a few PSA items, but they're always sold out before I can get to them [​IMG]

5. tombrokaw

tombrokaw Well-Known Member

i don't know what's so difficult. you go to the type of item you want. sort by price and by size. how difficult is that?

6. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

i don't know what's so difficult. you go to the type of item you want. sort by price and by size. how difficult is that?
    A halfway decent fucking search function would be nice, for starters. Better site layout, too. And the pics are terribly unrepresentative. Sorting through descending/nested categories is tedious, time-consuming, and very 1998. This thing called Google came along awhile back and really changed how people can do things on the internet. Clicking through hierarchical lists was one of those things Google eliminated, and it should have stayed dead and gone.

7. Chrenetique

Chrenetique Senior member

as for prices, where in UK you can get Brunello Cucinelli cashmere for 60 pounds, or Boglioli blazer for 70?
    What? I never manage to see good deals on Yoox. Everything is filthy expensive. How does it work? Do you have to wait for certain periods of the year? Do you have to check every day?

8. AE7

AE7 Senior member

Well, they were selling off a lot of stuff from the A/W season for quite a long time. Every other week they have 15% off deals and free shipping. I personally purchased several items for very low prices, including BC and Lardini. If you go there right now, you still might find some of the stuff for pennies (like Les Copains ties for 15 pounds) ... From this sale I got Spanish blazer Armand Basi that is sold for 60 pounds down from original 240 pounds. See how it looks in real life, still can return it with no worries.
    And for some stuff, they are not charging too much even without sales.
    Do search in the thread NEW YOOX CODE - it will give you the ideas about some under radar italian brands that are sold on Yoox.

9. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

A halfway decent fucking search function would be nice, for starters. Better site layout, too. And the pics are terribly unrepresentative. Sorting through descending/nested categories is tedious, time-consuming, and very 1998. This thing called Google came along awhile back and really changed how people can do things on the internet. Clicking through hierarchical lists was one of those things Google eliminated, and it should have stayed dead and gone.
    uh, this. Every time I try to give Yoox a chance, I end up with a headache. Plus, maybe I'm just not that learned on sartorial matters, but I haven't heard of 90% of the brands on that website. I have no idea what is quality because the fit pictures certainly don't give me a clue.

10. coop86

coop86 Senior member

What do you guys think of the RLBL suits for $1250 on yoox right now... The navy one says its 12% nylon and 2% elastane, is that normal?

11. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Well, they were selling off a lot of stuff from the A/W season for quite a long time. Every other week they have 15% off deals and free shipping. I personally purchased several items for very low prices, including BC and Lardini. If you go there right now, you still might find some of the stuff for pennies (like Les Copains ties for 15 pounds) ... From this sale I got Spanish blazer Armand Basi that is sold for 60 pounds down from original 240 pounds. See how it looks in real life, still can return it with no worries.
    And for some stuff, they are not charging too much even without sales.
    Do search in the thread NEW YOOX CODE - it will give you the ideas about some under radar italian brands that are sold on Yoox.

This right here gives an example of how Yoox drives me crazy. I go to the site, search for Les Copains, sort by price, the lowest that shows up is $44. Are all the cheaper ones gone? Did they never exist? Are they squirreled away under a different season's listing or some other idiocy? Who knows, I have to hunt to find something that someone else already pointed out directly.

12. knowsnothin

knowsnothin Senior member

Yoox is a great example of horrendous site design and a frustrating user experience. The pricing isn't worth the headache, either.

Yup, YOOX sucks! Pass the word.

The fewer people that shop at YOOX, the longer I can continue to get deals such as ADRIANO & SONS Cashmere sweaters for $59, COAST shirts for $32, ATTOLINI long sleeve dress shirts for $109, BUONAMASSA dress shirts for $88, ect.

You are spot on. No one should ever, ever shop at YOOX, but me.

13. Jangofett

Jangofett Senior member

Yoox is much better than before. Their customer service would now reply to email queries, when I recall in the past, some queries would go unanswered.

But Yoox's stuff are still old. I see some stuff on their site, which I never see in the boutique.
    Their stuff aint exactly cheap, even during their sale or sample sale, and most importantly, they have a new bizarre policy of collecting custom duties in excess of local rates, which isn't their problem to begin with.

But there are very few sites out there which you can browse, to look at a huge number of labels.

14. Artking3

Artking3 Senior member

Know your brand, know your size, press buy and pray it fits.