What's your worst item of clothing?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by PCabrelli, Mar 31, 2008.

1. PCabrelli

PCabrelli Senior member

I own a number of awful clothes i cannot throw away. The worst is a yellow blazer that fits perfectly and i hope one day society will embrace me within it.

Paolo
    -------
    http://gentrystyle.com

2. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

A pair of Nudie Baggy Bjorn DS. I love em, they've become super comfy. I bought them in a 36 waist, but already measured 38. Combined with weight loss they've become unbearably huge at the waist. Everytime I think about selling them but can't bring myself to it.

Should have bought a 34 waist...

3. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

This is hard, considering I hate 50% of my wardrobe.

I have this circa 1996 Eddie Bauer sweater that looks like hay that I think is top on the list though.

4. mrstarks

mrstarks Senior member

@somatoform

Man I hate it when that happens...You just want to get rid of the darn denim but you are so attached. *sighs*

Just sell it. Unless you want to eat yourself up to W36...

5. CoconutBanana

CoconutBanana Senior member

My collection skinny jeans I use to rock a year ago.

6. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Recently I brought a decent sized load of clothes up to a local consignment shop (a younger, kind of hipper one). They were too nice to throw into the charity bins so I wanted to see if I could get some cash for the clothes - even if just a few bucks to cover dinner that night or something. The clothes were nothing that would have moved on SF, or fetched any decent money on eBay after my shipping costs and bay'fees.

Anyway, there was some nice stuff in my bag I brought up. Unworn J.Crew button downs and chinos (tags still on), BR, Gap Jeans and shirts. Just casual basics that were in solid condition. The young kids that worked there ask you to leave your load there for a bit while they sort through it and determine what they want. I learned later that they have a binder with all the latest & greatest fashion trends. What brands to accept, what brands not to. They also check the lower labels in the BR, Gap, J.Crew stuff, as normally it will state the year and season the shirt/pants are from. Per their book they won't accept anything below FW/09 for example...no matter how nice looking, or the condition. (this is somewhat silly from my perspective, but I suppose when you're dealing with a huge volume of incoming clothes you have to set some pretty strict criterias around what is and what is not acceptable, otherwise, you risk chaos).

A little more to the story and that is, in this bag, I also mixed in some SF type stuff on the much cheaper side of the spectrum. Some old Shades of Greige stuff. Maybe some save khaki I never got around to wearing. A pair of adam velour (brand) pants (this was a true accident to put in the bag as the pants were probably $200+ retail). Longer story longer, I gave them their time, went up in the shopping center and walked around and grabbed a slice of pizza. Went back to the shop, asked if they were done. They were confused....but then, "oh yeah, hold on". Brought me back practically my entire bag of clothes accompanied by the "we want" bin. The "want" bin consisted of mainly some pretty beat up diesel jeans (circa 2004 or so - tattered rear hem, etc), a pair of my girlfriend's 7evens, and some pretty new looking cole haan ugly ass shoes from 2007 or so. I was pissed that they didn't take more, but the good side of the story is they actually gave me a fresh $100 bill for a pretty small amount of clothing that would have wound up in the good-will bin outside the place, otherwise.

So don't forget about local consignment shops if you have a decent load of clothes (recent seasons, clean, maybe wash them first and fold nicely) if you're looking to scrape together a few bucks. Clean your closet and get some money - good deal.

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

My Wilson's leather jacket, w/o a doubt. Sucks double time cause its a staple & has a lot of sentimental value to me. I got it for $80 so ditching it won't hurt much, but I need to get something (most likely ToJ) to replace it

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

$100 Men's Wearhouse black suit. Fits horribly...but I can't bring myself to get rid of it incase someone dies and I need to go to a funeral. [​IMG]

9. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Just about all my denim that doesn't fit anymore since I lost weight...all too nice to throw away. I'm keeping them all in case I get bigger lol [​IMG]
    its not a bad idea. although, i usually end up giving mine to my brother or sisters husband. i like to keep it in the family [​IMG]

10. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

A Hickey Freeman sportcoat that is probably very SF approved because of it's distinct pattern, but I have trouble wearing it out for fear of not "pulling it off." It fits like a dream too, which makes it more difficult to get rid of.

An LL Bean A-2 leather bomber that is just a tad too 80s to wear out. Picked it up at a thrift store and it's a great jacket, but i can't bring myself to wear it.

A gold colored JPress Shaggy Dog sweater that I got at a sample sale. It's one size too big, but it's such a nice sweater. I still rock it, but can't help but notice the waist hits a bit too low.

11. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I own a number of awful clothes i cannot throw away. The worst is a yellow blazer that fits perfectly and i hope one day society will embrace me within it.

Paolo

If OP still has this it might work in the "Nature Theme" contest of the WAYWRN.

12. TheDroog

TheDroog Senior member

I mentioned this in the Urban Outfitters Anonymous thread, but I'll bring it up again. I've got the ugliest track jacket ever made, but it's so bad its awesome, and I'll never give it up. I found it in the Urban Outiftter's sale rack. It's a horrible mishmash of black, kelly green, and bright yellow -- the bastard child of the Jamaican national flag and a hoodie sweatshirt. The polyester is itchy and uncomfortable to the touch. I once gave it to a friend to wear on a cold night, and after a minute he took it off and said he'd rather freeze. They don't make clothes like this anymore ...

13. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

lots of my t shirts. basically only wear them to work out or lounging around but lots of lame phrased t's and terrible graphics but too cheap/asian to throw out [​IMG]

14. Melcombe

Melcombe Well-Known Member

A pair of 40" R M Williams black moleskin jeans. They are excellent quality and i bought them when i had been on the pies a bit too much. They now swamp me, but i cant bring myself to ditch them, just in case the pies get their revenge and i cant squeeze my arse into anything else.

Just catching sight of them fills me with dread...

15. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

A polyester tie, or some shitty t-shirts I have. I have a lot worse CDs..! @.@