• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's Your Workout?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
That's too many sets per day. You should do less sets (3-5) and hit each body part twice a week instead. You'll get much better results with less time per workout.

Also, arms don't need their own day.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
That's too many sets per day. You should do less sets (3-5) and hit each body part twice a week instead. You'll get much better results with less time per workout.

I'll give it a shot - I'm always looking for a change of pace. Also, I find it very appealing the prospect of getting good results without spending more than 1 hour at the gym.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Also, arms don't need their own day.

OE I noticed that you only perform 2 isolation sets per week for biceps and triceps. How heavy do you go? Are you getting good arm definition with this program?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
OE I noticed that you only perform 2 isolation sets per week for biceps and triceps. How heavy do you go? Are you getting good arm definition with this program?

There really isn't a non-isolation exercise for bicep. You can say that bent over row or any of the other rows work biceps but the high/low rows have minimal bicep impact while bent over rows are almost an isolation. Honestly I think one of the best ways to build tricep definition are dips (which also give you a nice pump on your chest as well)

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola

What do you mean by "good arm definition"? My biceps are pretty much proportionate to the rest of my body, if that helps. I think "definition" is more a function of low bodyfat than anything else.

Here's a pic of my arm:

bicepgg2.jpg

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
What do you mean by "good arm definition"? My biceps are pretty much proportionate to the rest of my body, if that helps. I think "definition" is more a function of low bodyfat than anything else.

Here's a pic of my arm:

bicepgg2.jpg

Thanks OE - I guess I meant to say "arm development". Your picture answers that question nicely. Good job!

COKE CAN

Reaction score
Here is my workout/diet:

Week 1

Monday - Chest/Triceps

Tuesday - abs/cardio

Wednesday - Legs/Back

Thursday ? abs/cardio

Friday - Shoulders/ Biceps

Saturday - abs/cardio

Sunday - abs/cardio

Week 2

Monday - Chest/Biceps

Tuesday - abs/cardio

Wednesday - Back/Legs

Thursday - abs/cardio

Friday - Shoulders/ Triceps

Saturday - abs/cardio

Sunday - abs/cardio

Chest
Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Decline Press
Flat Bench Dumbbell Flies

Back
Dead lifts
Lat Pull down (or weighted pull ups)
Seated Cable Row
Bent Over Barbell Row
Bent Over 1 Arm Dumbbell Rows

Biceps
Standing Barbell Curls
Preacher Curls (with dumbbells or barbell)
Seated/Standing Dumbbell Curls
Hammer Curls

Triceps
Triceps Press Down
Machine Dips
Skull Crushers
Triceps Extensions

Legs
Squats
Leg Press
Ham Curls
Quad Extensions
Calve Raises

Shoulders
Seated/Standing Military Press (with barbell or dumbbells)
Lateral Raises
Incline Rear Deltoid Raises
Shrugs

Diet

Meal 1 - 8AM

Rolled oats 1/2 cup
1 scoop whey
Banana

Meal 2 - 10AM

4 hard boiled egg whites

Meal 3 - 12:30PM

1 can of tuna in water
14 baby carrots

Meal 4 - 3:00PM

Grilled chicken breast
Steamed veggies

Meal 5 - 6:30PM

1 can of tuna
14 baby carrots

Meal 6 - 10:00PM

2 tbsp All Natural PB
1 cup of skim milk

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coulomb
drizzt, what do u do for strength training?
My current workout, which is basically a cutting workout, is primarily strength based, and I am doing 5x5s with increasing weight for six weeks, followed by 3x3s for two weeks, and repeating, with HIIT on off-days. I'm lifting four days a week (tues, thurs, sat, sunday) I posted the exact workout as of yesterday earlier in this thread.

Coulomb

Reaction score
Ah, I wasn't sure if your routine was more focused for developing mass at the cost of definition. I'm at the stage where I'm pretty happy with my size, and I would rather cut down my body fat (10%) and gain strength as opposed to having to gain more overall mass.

gvibes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Young Scrappy
I'm trying to gain some mass. I started this workout tomorrow. I need a tweak a little because I do plyometrics. I would like some opinions.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis6.htm

I think it's pretty bad, but there's worse. Too many calf isolation exercises, leg extensions and curls are horrible, no deadlifts, and arms don't need their own day. I also dislike seeing plans without dips - I think that they are a superb exercise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads