1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What's your work commute like?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Davidko19, May 17, 2010.

1. ang_kangkong

ang_kangkong Senior member

I feel you man. I posted on the last page. It's about 85 miles for me. I can only imagine what the extra 30ish miles would be like. Do you like your job, at least?

2. BeeZee

BeeZee Well-Known Member

5-8 min drive to and from work

3. arced

arced Senior member

Thanks. I tend to think that any long commute is rough. The only saving grace is that there's no real traffic. Stop-and-go would kill me. I saw some bit on a guy that has something like a two hour one-way commute that from New Jersey into NYC. It's a short distance but pure stop-and-go, bumper-to-bumper traffic. I'd have a heart attack within a year.

I do like my job, but the commute prevents me from giving 100% to it (too few hours in the day, too wiped out at the end, etc.) and I hate that.

4. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

5 minutes walk and cross one road.
    [​IMG]
    I can see where I work from my living room.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  5. Camillus

Camillus Member

By bus and train: 1 1/2 hours. The worst part is that when
    I get there it's a 10-minute walk (outdoors) to the place, so if it's raining really hard (or snowing)
    I have to walk there in the bad weather.

6. BossTweed

BossTweed Senior member

For you veteran commuters: If I have the choice between a 50-60 minute (50 mile) light traffic driving commute, or a 80 minute train commute, what's the better alternative?

7. arced

arced Senior member

I'd love to be able to read/get some work done on the way into work. I don't mind sitting on a train. Somehow the public situation helps me concentrate more. YMMV

8. paperfingers

paperfingers Member

10 minute walk through a park to my studio.

I do sometimes miss the subway commute. It was a great way to get some reading done / learn a new language, etc.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  9. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

I walk. It's about a 15-20 minute walk depending on my route.

10. dusty

dusty Senior member