• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your sexual orientation?

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
During a serious discussion about what sexual orientation and relationships mean, the Klein Orientation Grid was mentioned favourably. Just for fun, what are your results according to the grid? You can find an online self-administered version here.

I'll start : 62% straight, which seems about right, maybe a bit low.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 90% straight and 10% gay.

In subjective terms, this means you are predominantly heterosexual; only incidentally homosexual.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, Iam are 96% straight and 4% gay.

In subjective terms, this means I am exclusively heterosexual.

No surprises there.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
89% S 11% G.

Does the "G" stand for Vanna?

I was 90% S., 10% G.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
17% straight for me, though I think it is probably because of the "your past" thread of the grid. Growing up in the Bible Belt, obviously I didn't meet other gay people until college, so the "affiliations" and such were predominantly heterosexual until then. Nevertheless, 17% of me apparently is REALLY digging the "NSFW Tittaaaay" threads. Who'd a thunk it?
Originally Posted by Piobaire
G...G....G....GoSurface!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 86% straight and 14% gay.

In subjective terms, this means you are predominantly heterosexual; only incidentally homosexual.

=====

I think it got me with the socializing question. Girls are fun to hang out with.

:\\

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

laugh.gif
In my head it does.

It was a little weird though. I answered "always girls" for every sexual fantasy, experience, and everything like that, and "only heterosexuals" for all the other options. Then when it asked which sex I socialized with the most, I put guys b/c when I go out to bars and stuff it's with guys. Then for the future I put I'd like to socialize with both sexes. That makes me 11% gay???
I mean, if they could read my posts the numbers would probably be switched around, but they can't.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Yeah, it's obviously a test that has easily read-through suspicious flaws based on a lot of social factors. Nevertheless, it's still interesting just for sparking a discussion or a follow-up to why's thread.

I wouldn't take any percentage it tells you as anything indicative except of the way you self-report yourself. For example, it requires a sense of honestly that a lot of people don't have. Would a closet-case report ANYTHING about "homosexual?" Doubtful. He could play with the results such that even though he loves cocks, he still comes out "99% straight."

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
laugh.gif
In my head it does.

It was a little weird though. I answered "always girls" for every sexual fantasy, experience, and everything like that, and "only heterosexuals" for all the other options. Then when it asked which sex I socialized with the most, I put guys b/c when I go out to bars and stuff it's with guys. Then for the future I put I'd like to socialize with both sexes. That makes me 11% gay???
I mean, if they could read my posts the numbers would probably be switched around, but they can't.

And to Rach too:

I think the test is using some things are proxies. Like hanging out with teh ****. Straight people, by and large, are going to hang out with mostly straight people, as most people are straight. It's not the same as rejecting teh ****, it's just bumping into the standard % of them in the general population. So they're using hanging out with more than the standard % of teh ****, as a proxy for being teh ****.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
85% straight and 15% gay.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 87% straight and 13% gay.

No surprise here. I do socialize with gays (not that it matters), and prefer the company of both sexes when it comes to conversation. Though when it comes down to business I would much rather enjoy a taco than a sausage (does that make me Mexican?).

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
According to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, you are 83% straight and 17% gay.

I would like to say that this test is completely ******* marsupialed. For starters:

Who are you attracted to emotionally? I'm attracted emotionally to people who are my friends. Some are men, some are women. My best friend is my brother, and many of my close friends are men, so I said both sexes. I suppose that tilted me into the gay category? WTF?

Same for social preference - who do I hang out with? I score with higher homosexuality because I have guy and girl friends?

And as for ideal lifestyle preference? As in "in which community do you like to spend your time? in which do you feel most comfortable? what is the sexual identity of the people with whom you socialize?" This question is insane. I don't have an ideal preference as to whether the people I hang out with are gay or straight. Even having to answer the question is silly.

Frankly, the whole exercise seems to me to be something invented by some social scientist who wanted to make a point. As in "See, Mr. Homophobe, even you are 15% gay, because you hang out mostly with guys."

If you've only fucked women, if you only want to **** women, and you've never dreamed about ******* anything besides a woman, you're straight. If you've only fucked men, you only want to **** men, and you've never dreamed about ******* anything besides a man, you're gay. And there's nothing wrong with that. We don't have to pretend we're part something we're not to get the progressive psychology warm and fuzzies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads