1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Whats Your Opinion Kiton Pic1 Or Santoni Fam 2

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lutfa, May 6, 2006.

1. lutfa

lutfa Senior member

What Is Your Opinion Kiton Pic 1 Or Santoni Limited Edition 2, 3

2. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

I like everything about the Santoni more, except for that huge sole outcropping*. Way out of character, ruins the shoe.

*Sorry, brain fart, can't remember the technical term

3. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

That Kiton is out of this world.

4. Soph

Soph Senior member

Kiton's is the winner to me; however, you are paying 1100 for marketing and probably the shoe is truly worth about 1000 if that. But it is superlative. And only say probably Lattanzi, Vass, some bespoke, etc. heck they all are getting up there in price. So you have to 1. love it (and you'll know when you just gotta to have something) and think what you will wear it.

So when do you bespoke/mtm shoes over RTW in pricing? (sounds like a thread topic)

5. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Kiton's is the winner to me; however, you are paying 1100 for marketing and probably the shoe is truly worth about 1000 if that. But it is superlative. And only say probably Lattanzi, Vass, some bespoke, etc. heck they all are getting up there in price. So you have to 1. love it (and you'll know when you just gotta to have something) and think what you will wear it.

So when do you bespoke/mtm shoes over RTW in pricing? (sounds like a thread topic)

Kiton RTW is $1100, for some reason I thought it was $2000+

6. Soph

Soph Senior member

Kiton RTW is $1100, for some reason I thought it was $2000+

It is! I was saying 1000++ is pure marketing expense/brand name mark up probably and the other 1200 is probably the actual value of the shoe=2200.

7. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

That particular Kiton shoes look nice. But does not look any special in my eyes. I like Santoni as those norvegese stitchings catch my eyes.

8. lutfa

lutfa Senior member

actually my freinds santoni limited edition went up to 1900 and the kiton is2053. but both are completely handmade .the kiton has beautiful last.as the santoni. i have the kiton shoe in a very dk brown but with brouging .heres two more pictures may you can see the shape better.the santoni that is shownis the same shoe but in black.the price is 1495 because of a mis quote and the had to honor the price.PS not one of these shoes needed a brakein period.the first day placed on my foot i was up and running in newyork street all day without a pinch.

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I like neither, but I prefer the Santoni shape a little.

11. trogdor

trogdor Senior member

I like the santoni a bit better; the fact that it only has three lace-holes makes it look less run-of-the-mill.