• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what's your favorite vacation spot in the world?

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jbmarine
+1 on Kauai.. That's my favorite spot by far.

Victoria in BC is also gorgeous, but more of a daytime thing for me.

Kauai is excellent though I wouldn't rank it as my favorite...very high up there though.

For me, Jackson Hole (year-round) followed by Monaco/South of France.

My wife decided that our next vacation will be to Greek islands, so we'll see how that works out.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by neeZy
Boracay - although people are catching on, so it'll only be affordable (to me, anyways) for a little while longer....

Boracay is very nice. I was there 7 years ago and the beach was beautiful and the vibe pretty cool. Now, this whole business about custom flip-flops was a little annoying...
biggrin.gif

justinpba

Reaction score
Yosemite. My wife and I used to go regularly (pre-baby) and recently took our daughter for the first time. Oregon coast (Newport, Lincoln City, Pacific City) too.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
my favorite vacation spot is somewhere i have not been.

Agreed. I've been to a lot of nice places that I'd like to visit again but the allure of going somewhere new is more exciting than going back to the same spot over and over again.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ yeah, but i had some photos taken from some fav spots as token to my vow to return__ cuz you never know when you get another photo op standing exactly where you were, like 20yrs later__ i know it's been done, but nevertheless, that'd be awesome.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garvinlax00
1. Paris
2. Rome
3. Prague

Those are very romantic places, guess I just have to find someone to whom I can be with when I visit those.

bigstar[1].gif

if you're a chick, then i'd say yes to all. but, if you're a guy... Paris probably__ Rome and Prague i'd explore solo or in a group --- imo.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kauai - incredibly beautiful and great restaurants'

Paris - incredibly beautiful women and great restaurants

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
tokyometromap.png

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skaneateles, New York (Skaneateles Lake)

jlwheeler

Reaction score
Alright. I'll play.
Mata Utu in Fiji (quiet and relaxing/rusting)
Seychelles off of African coast (in-credible!)
Ambergris Caye in Belize (think creole speaking Mayans with a bit of Jimmy Buffett)
Beaver Creek in Colorado (don't go during the peak tourist times...trust me...)
Gold Coast in Australia (if you are single...so are they)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
Damn you Japanese are confusing! That subway map looks like abstract art
confused.gif

You think thats confusing, you should try finding something by its address.
smile.gif

Its a great city to be lost in though.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
I bet it is. I want to go there someday. Japan has wonderful shopping, beautiful scenery and amazing history. I'd love to go and just see the WWII memorials ( I love WWII for some reason ). I just need to find a nice Japanese person, preferably female
mwink[1].gif
, to travel with so I don't look like a lost weird white Westerner.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I bet it is. I want to go there someday. Japan has wonderful shopping, beautiful scenery and amazing history. I'd love to go and just see the WWII memorials ( I love WWII for some reason ). I just need to find a nice Japanese person, preferably female
mwink[1].gif
, to travel with so I don't look like a lost weird white Westerner.

Not sure having a nice Japanese girl is going to help much.
smile.gif

As fine a plan as that is. You will still be lost, and white. If you are tall, there is absolutely no hope for you, as you will stick up out of the crowd like a meercat. The only other people you will be able to distinguish are the other tall, white people.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Not sure having a nice Japanese girl is going to help much.
smile.gif

As fine a plan as that is. You will still be lost, and white. If you are tall, there is absolutely no hope for you, as you will stick up out of the crowd like a meercat. The only other people you will be able to distinguish are the other tall, white people.

lol8[1].gif
the girl is for fun.....
inlove.gif
As for being tall, I have not inhereted the vertical gene as my other caucasian bretheren. I'm short, probably even by Japanese standards. 5'7''. Maybe it will allow me to find stores that actually stock clothes that fit me?!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics