what's your favorite vacation spot in the world?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by smartcashmere, May 9, 2009.

1. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Yeah, I am on the line, the perfect thing for me is one year a sit on the beach vacation, one year a move around and see things vacation.

I think you guys will love holland. Great food (not so much the fancy food, but the middle of the line food is great) pretty, nice people, good museums.

I have fond memories of the Netherlands from when I was a child (maybe 7 years old) and we lived in what was then West Germany. I distinctly remember staying at an inn on the North Sea, taking a boat tour around...where somewhere, and playing Red Light, Green Light and Mother May I on the tour bus with the other kids while our parents toured Keukenhof Gardens in the rain.

So I look forward to going back.

b

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

For a relaxing, sunny vacation, my backyard cannot be beat. It's also quite economical and feels like it has all the comforts of home. [​IMG]

I'm more with Matt's view. Give me a new, interesting city to explore, and I'm happy. Oh, need some quality digs to chill in after the adventures too.

3. nate10184

nate10184 Senior member

Switzerland. I'll be there in a week. [​IMG]

4. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

Without doubt, the Canadian Rockies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I have fond memories of the Netherlands from when I was a child (maybe 7 years old) and we lived in what was then West Germany. I distinctly remember staying at an inn on the North Sea, taking a boat tour around...where somewhere, and playing Red Light, Green Light and Mother May I on the tour bus with the other kids while our parents toured Keukenhof Gardens in the rain.

So I look forward to going back.

b

when you go to A'dam, let me know, I can give you some food recomendations

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Mildly C, have you ever stayed at the Chateau on Lake Louise? We did that for Xmas one year, and it was pretty incredible.

7. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Santa Cruz.

I suppopse as a pure "vacation" spot it would be Bernardus (a/k/a "Rancho Relaxo") in Carmel Valley. But I don't really take vacations much, and after even two days at Bernardus I am ready to bug out.

Manton is a Californian at heart??? What an effort it must take to resist the positive vibes wanting to invade your aura, dude...[​IMG]

You guys are WAY bumming me out. I've been to all 50 states, but not abroad yet...

Like the 50 states, it's a personal goal to get to all 7 continents before I die. Don't s'pose you'd sell some of those airline miles, Zach?

I usually only do working vacations so I can spend all my money on clothes [​IMG] , but here are a few I'd recommend:

Flathead Lake and W Montana
    Door County, WI
    Kaui'i, Hawai'i
    Alaska right about now
    Key West

8. Fay

Fay Active Member

The Versilia region in Italy (Forte dei Marmi, Marina di Pietrasanta, Lido di Camaiore and Viareggio). Perfect combination of culture, beaches, shops, atmosphere, nice people and good food.

Punta Ala is also quite nice, but offers less variation. http://images.google.nl/imgres?imgur...N%26start%3D60

9. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Turns out the wife and I are going to Toronto on Thu for four days for some much-needed out-of-town time.

b

10. chas

chas Senior member

Manton is a Californian at heart??? What an effort it must take to resist the positive vibes wanting to invade your aura, dude...[​IMG]

You guys are WAY bumming me out. I've been to all 50 states, but not abroad yet...

Like the 50 states, it's a personal goal to get to all 7 continents before I die. Don't s'pose you'd sell some of those airline miles, Zach?

I usually only do working vacations so I can spend all my money on clothes [​IMG] , but here are a few I'd recommend:

Flathead Lake and W Montana
    Door County, WI
    Kaui'i, Hawai'i
    Alaska right about now
    Key West

Hitting all 50 States is pretty impressive.[​IMG]

I still need Oklahoma, New Mexico, North Dakota and Hawaii.

11. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

Mildly C, have you ever stayed at the Chateau on Lake Louise? We did that for Xmas one year, and it was pretty incredible.

My first picture is taken halfway up Mount Sheol in Paradise valley, the next valley over from Lake Louise. I think we stopped at the Chateau Lake Louise for lunch after that, but I've never stayed there. The Canadian Pacific Railway really knew how to pick hotel locations in the 19th century.

12. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Paris
    Provence - especially the Cotes du Luberon in the Spring.

13. neeZy

neeZy Senior member

Boracay - although people are catching on, so it'll only be affordable (to me, anyways) for a little while longer....

14. jbmarine

jbmarine Senior member

Where Neverland Ranch, Santa Monica, and the land
    +1 on Kauai.. That's my favorite spot by far.

Victoria in BC is also gorgeous, but more of a daytime thing for me.

15. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

St.-Petersburg during Polar Day in early June.
    I might just catch a plane right now.