• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite summer fabric?

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.

Res

Reaction score
Fresco for suits and Silk for shirts.

Thun242

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are the opposite and I envy you, especially in the next 3 months. Usually I can find enough warm clothes from spring summer collection to wear throughout the year.

Yes it's a bit easy to dress up now in the summer time, usually I wear long sleeve dress shirts, I place the sleeves above my knukcles plus 3 or 4 buttons open a skinny type of jeans, sometimes more edgy or biker inspired / distressed, sometimes just a simple black or charcoal, a belt, sunglasses, cold mineral water in my hand, and chelsea boots or western boots. I think down it's always the same for me, no matter if it's summer or winter, I wear boots and skinny jeans, as in the winter it's never too cold and in the summer time it's never too hot for me. But maybe this is just my body, I never feel too hot and cold on my legs.
Then when it's winter, I grab a white athlete below the long sleeve shirt, a thick wool trench coat, and a scarf. I don't like cardigans, vests and sweaters, so the only solution for me to wear a thick cotton athlete under the shirt. But I always purchase anything through the year, if I see something stylish, then no matter if it's summer or winter. In the summer I always search the darkside or the road, or some shadows.. But I also thought about that I should purchase a horse to my western boots, haha. Not to mention, buying a horse and riding it instead of a car is super cool and stylish at these days.

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
I love the idea of linen but I’ve always found the reality disappointing, probably because I’m carrying more weight than I’d like and linen can be pretty unforgiving. It’s terrible for shirting if you have some unsightly man boobs going on, but I have high hopes for a Boglioli chestnut blazer that’s winging its way towards me as we speak. Maybe I’ll break my streak and find it flattering.

For odd summer jackets I usually opt for hopsack. As the weather improves I’m leaning heavily on an unstructured blazer that’s virtually transparent when you hold it up against the sun. Love it.

My favourite summer weave of all, though, is Loro Piana’s Trilogy: 50% cotton, 40% wool, 10% silk. I have it in a pair of houndstooth Turnbull & Asser trousers that have quickly become my favourite. The only problem is that I live in a dirty and dusty developing country and these pants would prove almost impossible to replace, so when I wear them I feel like I have to socially distance from the physical world.

coldbrew

Reaction score
Loro Piana Wool silk linen, you cannot go wrong with it.

Also had a silk linen jacket made from Anglo Italian Tessuti, 48% silk, 52% linen, it's also very nice and has an unique slubby texture. Very happy with it.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loro Piana Wool silk linen, you cannot go wrong with it.

Also had a silk linen jacket made from Anglo Italian Tessuti, 48% silk, 52% linen, it's also very nice and has an unique slubby texture. Very happy with it.
I just ordered my second pair of Rota pants in that LP fabric. Nice stuff.

Alao picked up two of the long sleeve Japanese linen shirts from Drake’s as well as one of their new short sleeve linen shirts. Linen rocks for casual summer wear.

Last edited:

sldsd

Reaction score
Dupioni silk for suits and half linen/cotton for shirts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads