• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite inexpensive clothing brand?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I love Uniqlo for chinos and sweaters.

Cheap Monday makes fantastic wovens, blazers, and the occassional sweater for their price. I dig the fit of their "Five" jeans as well.

Jack Purcell's can't be beat for sneakers.

Seiko 5 makes for a great automatic watch under $100.

rayray27

Reaction score
I like H&M and GAP, decent quality stuff for excellent (most of the time anyways) price.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
golden toe for socks
jockey for underwear
gap for form fitting t-shirts/henleys

the most worthless/overpriced+poorly made/low quality/pretentious brand: banana republic

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good call on the rustlers, but how does the fit work out for you? I occasionally spot really nicely faded pairs, but they always fit so wrong on me... too tapered, really small very spaced back pockets...
I agree on the untilitaristic spirit of cheap jeans aswell, I for one dont really care much about "limited" or made in japan... aslong as something feels and looks like I want, I couldnt care less.

Originally Posted by robbie
I am gonna rock the **** out of some cheapass rustlers when I feel the creases are set well enough in my KMW's. I see old dudes every day rockin the hell out of rustlers. If I have suspender buttons attached, buy some wicked old Hercules workshirt, and a straw cowboy hat I'd as they say get more ass than a toilet seat... or atleast feel cool.

I dunno, but at this point Rustlers are my favorite inexpensive brand. They are rigid, heavy ounce denim, that carries a 1 year complete warrantee... so basically if you wore them super intense for 6 months and had a crotch blow-out or whatever they'd GIVE you a new pair. I suppose that isn't a huge deal on a 12$ pair of jeans but whatever.

And to go on further... jeans aren't necessarily supposed to be exclusive. the jeans that we all find ourselves lusting over from the 30's ,40's, 50's were not limited edition, in fact they were essentially unlimited edition and could be bought at just about any retailer across the country. so thats another reason i like rustlers, or red tab 501's for those completely against any wal-mart purchases ever.

but yeah, i wanted to start a contest with rustlers but I doubted anyone would actually see their pair through.

whatever

i had too much caffeine so now I am just typing a bunch
sort of like when you are so hyper/drunk that you can't control what you are saying or the volume at which it is coming out.

robbie

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Bobo--
The vintage ones(yellow tab) have a slight taper thats actually flattering and still very workwear/trad if you size up a tad IMO.

The newer models (maroon tab) are a straight leg jean with a slightly wider leg opening for boots. I have only bought the rigid ones which have this boot fit. The one-wash Rustlers are even more of a straight leg. I can only find 30-30 so they fit about like my dickies duck pants do IIRC. I haven't worn any in quite some time since I have my 501xx's and Kmw's. But I think the next jeans I buy are gonna be either Rustlers or 13MWZ from Wrangler with like a 38' inseam.

I wore a pair for about 4 months and they held up really well to be honest.

If I ever get a job that allows me to wear jeans I am probably going to try and trash a pair of rustlers.

Does Carhartt have rigid jeans Bobo? All i've ever seen is stonewashed/one-wash at the hardware/outdoorsman stores.

epliohunk

Reaction score
Club Monaco. They offer 20% on everything, anytime, for students.

Their sales are also really good.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried rustlers on in a looooong while but last time I did, they made me look like I had a huge lesbian gym teacher ponch. They made the old Lee pleated fit look good.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gap xs fitted buttondowns when they go on sale for $20
and I own way too much H&M

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
j. crew generally, especially the sales
Gap for some things
Levis for jeans
Purcell for shoes
eBay for finds

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only 2 "cheap brands" I like are Penguin by Munsingwear and Diesel.

I actually only like SOME Diesel and SOME Penguin. I like both for their cuts, rather than anything else. I have a nice slim leather jacket from Diesel that is awesome, and a few polos from Penguin that are 100% pima cotton and are nice and slim as well.

The problem with Diesel is if you wear too much you look you're a soldier in the Guido Army. The problem with some Penguin is it looks like golf clothes. Both have a few good pieces here and there though.

NewSc2

Reaction score
lol @ what's considered cheap here. I have a couple nice suits and I've laid down $50 for tees before, but cheap means cheap (at least for me) -- eBay, Costco, outlets, Target.

I've had extremely good luck with GAP outlet stores. Bought a pair of boot fit jeans and cords for $11 total last time I went down to Carlsbad (mmm, beer). Cords were $4, Jeans were $7 -- they were sized weird too, the cords were listed 30x30 and the jeans 32x32 but they fit exactly the same.

Hanes Medium Perfect T's and V-Necks for 2 for $7 at Target. Throw in the pair of $20 Asics Onitsuka Tigers (clearance, Urban Outfitters), and outlet CK briefs ($3) -- my whole outfit right now is around $35, which is less than my haircut.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
Does Carhartt have rigid jeans Bobo? All i've ever seen is stonewashed/one-wash at the hardware/outdoorsman stores.
Didnt see this when you posted it. The answer is yes! I got the double front logger pants, when raw probably the most brutally stiff denim ive ever enountered. Ive actually machined washed them twice to soften them up at bit, but the color obviously suffered. http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/s...tegoryId=10935 I also got a dead stock pair of light weight,super dark, carpenter pants ca 1985. I think the same model changed named to b03 later, but they dont make those now either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics