• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What's your favorite inexpensive clothing brand?

Surfrider

Reaction score
As above, noting the distinct difference between "inexpensive" and "cheap." (edit: I realize prices are relative, but I don't care what your bankroll is, monikers like Ferragamo and Allen Edmonds hardly qualify as "inexpensive," nor do Michael J. Krell, Surface2Air, APC, et al. When I say "inexpensive," I'm talking about a price range that would allow the average, working person to make several purchases at once without needing to make major sacrifices in other areas of their budget. Answer the question in the spirit in which it was intended.
) For me, it's American Apparel. I own quite a few of their items, and I've never once been disappointed with the quality, especially for the price point (though, admittedly, their prices are starting to creep). I'd also give an honorable mention to No Sweat and H&M, though for decidedly different reasons.

california1974

Reaction score
Here is my list:

AA-
Good- Made in America. Good Quality.
Bad- Never really goes on sale. A bit too expensive.

Topman-
Good- Very cheap especially on sale. Fit is awesome.
Bad- Quality of items varies.

H&M-
Good- Very Very cheap even when not on sale. Fit is great.
Bad- Quality is poor on most items. Too much polyester and rayon.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Uniqlo

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
h&m

favorite middle of the road is filippa k

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's rather absurd to call APC inexpensive, especially when the OP specified an upper bound of Allen Edmonds, which APC is more expensive than on average.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
for me

Vans

gold toe socks

everything else is designer I am a horrible person

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H&M and Uniqlo.

I hate American Apparel.

Bring The Noise

Reaction score
I have found zara items to be generally higher quality than h&m, with some very nicely cut jackets.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 269 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.8%
  • 31 - 40