• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite high quality woven leather shoe?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With summer hot on our heals (pun intended) it seems a good time to talk about shoes made from woven leather.

In particular I'm interested in higher quality RTW models, but MTO might interest me as well.

Perforateds are also welcome. I'm not so interested in fabrics however.

What say you?

Last edited:

Coburn

Reaction score
I'd welcome suggestions. I've searched the web and not had much luck
Since I moved to Charleston from Seattle, I'm searching for hot weather clothing.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked in with G&G and they said they would not produce such a shoe as the issue of lining would be a problem for them.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing the woven Paul Stuart shoes I got from Ron Rider's Steals and Deals site right now! It looks like they are long gone now, but you might want to check in with him since he had told me that they were made for Paul Stuart by a company that specialized in woven shoes in Montegranaro, Italy. Perhaps he will have a lead if you want to get some MTO.
Fred

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
E Strawfut? New Orleans?

I'm actually thinking about Strawfuts for the summer. They look very breathable

Last edited:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the pair I have on. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. They really are a nice shade of dark brown, not the crummy looking purple-ly color they are showing up as in my phone. (The cotton Incotex are sort of a sage green.)

Fred

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's the pair I have on. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. They really are a nice shade of dark brown, not the crummy looking purple-ly color they are showing up as in my phone. (The cotton Incotex are sort of a sage green.)

Fred

Very interesting, Fred. Thank you.

From what little I've learned is seems that this is more or less an Italian specialty? ? ?

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, I just realized the Montegranaro shoes are a different pair of Paul Stuart shoes from him. Here's what he had sent me about the woven shoes:
“made in Italy by small factory that makes strictly private label production for brands and sort of specializes in the woven shoes.” - Zenith UK last
No idea if that helps, but if you contact him directly I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.
Fred

Poindexter

Reaction score
E has a captoe with woven vamp called the New Orleans. I'm a denizen of the (sub)tropics, and I have great lust for this shoe.

There's an Argentinian shoe company called Mystique Tango that has some luscious looking woven shoes too. They're actually a dance (tango!) shoe supplier, but they can put a street sole on for you. Evidently seerious dancers have suede (!) soles on their shoes. Who knew?

Ah, this is not in any reference to above spammer. Sheesh.

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With summer hot on our heals (pun intended) it seems a good time to talk about shoes made from woven leather.
In particular I'm interested in higher quality RTW models, but MTO might interest me as well.
What say you?

Posted by me in "Ask Andy" two years ago:

I would recommend recommend looking at the Slatin Pasha model from
Ludwig Reiter. I own LR shoes, but not this model and am very satisfied with them.
Far superior to AE in quality and style IMHO.

ludwig-reiter.com

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What say you?

why are you doing this???

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads