• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite expensive clothing brand?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I think Mister Freedom is pretty cool also.

Beat me to it, Robbie. The attention to detail, fabrics, construction, and historic context of each piece blow me away. I'm seriously in love with my pea coat, which fits much better post-soak. I still need to post up some post-soak pics, which are in order once it actually stops snowing and I can take my camera outside.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie between Bijan and Old Navy

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG and 45rpm. 45rpm just makes so much beautiful stuff. Probably would be "all" id wear if I had the unlimited resources.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vivienne Westwood

Malo

Dries Van Noten

KMW

**** this list..... there are to many to count and list

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Haversack, SNS Herning and Martin Margiela.

I'm really liking the designs on alot of Haversack. Only have like one sweater, one vest and a shirt by them, but will def look into getting more. Liking Haversack got me kinda interested in EG too, but it doesn't appeal to me as much (atleast not yet, I don't have that much experience with EG) as I'm not all that into the whole workwear thing.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The really expensive stuff that I like are typically accessories rather than clothing, excepting leather jackets.

In the mid-expensive range, I really like Margiela, but mostly for his outerwear and shoes and accessories. This basics are good too, and the trousers very well cut, but I find that I end up really intrigued primarily by (and end up buying) his belts and shoes, and some outerwear pieces. I like his bags as well.

If I was a money tree, I'd also buy lots of Kiminori Morishita and Jitrois leathers. The treatments are consistently amazing, and the slimmer cuts suit me. I'd also get MA+ belts. The Geller one I wear has a similar flavor as a lot of those.

In a completely different mode, I'd also get a custom Entermodal "Mobile" bag. At $1500, it is too rich for my blood, though I am sure that guys like SoCal laugh at that.

Finally, and I am getting this, I would get more Krane outerwear. At $800-$1100 for a jacket, that is, for me, expensive though perhaps justifiable on sale, though again, I am sure that jet, SoCal, and ghulkan might laugh at my poverty.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really own any expensive clothes at the moment, but if I end up with a paid internship this summer, I'd probably go for some BB Black Fleece, Tim Hamilton, BoO, and Wantabe stuff.

slappysloopy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcx
Ed Hardy
+1 for the laugh Not that I can afford it with tuition and books, but Paul Smith has fun with their clothing and makes it look great at the same time.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to add Ann Demeulemeester.

I only have one jacket, but I love her stuff. I know she designs with singers in mind (I think she's directly mentioned Leonard Cohen), but with her dark theatricality, I think she designs for magicians without realizing it.

She has been (reasonably) criticized as showing the same general ideas and pieces year after year, but I think those pieces are always awesome. Like McQueen, I think she has this romantic, unique worldview and I like the idea of buying in to that.

Also its mindfuck expensive.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot about Dries van Noten, and select Watanabe. For example, I really liked his collboration with Lewis leathers, but some of his stuff leaves me cold.

Now, let's get onto really expensive stuff. If anyone wants a pass on posting some bannable stuff. send me a IWC Portugese or a Panerai Luminor. In a pinch an EP Martin watch will do (yes, jet, it would be a beater). I do like Ernst Bengst as well, if you are looking for something in between. I actually like the standard model, which clocks in at a very reasonable $2800.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads