1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite cocktail?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 14, 2004.

1. b1os

b1os Senior member

I've read multiple times you guys cheering for Mexican Coke. Is it that different from normal coke? Don't think it's available here. [​IMG]

2. js4design

js4design Senior member

no man should drink a cocktail with more than 2 ingredients

No cocktail should have less than 3 ingredients.

3. Church's Goer

Church's Goer Well-Known Member

Belvedere Intense, with ice. If it's cold enough, no ice necessary (this is preferable). Pair it with a red bull for those 0-->1000 nights.

Summer...mojitos all the way. Ideally no syrup involved, but there are times when beggars can't be choosers.

Two oft ordered beers at the moment: Innis and Gunn (aged in whiskey barrels - lovely with a good meal); Steam Whistle Pilsner...nice taste, not too gassy.

4. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

New favorite: the Monte Carlo. Basically a rye Manhattan with Benedictine instead of vermouth. Amazing.

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Old Fashioned with Rye whisky.
    Vodka Tonic
    Gin and Tonic - only certain gins like Hendricks.
    Mary Pickford in a collins glass

6. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I've read multiple times you guys cheering for Mexican Coke. Is it that different from normal coke? Don't think it's available here. [​IMG]

Less fake ingredients, real sugar. Haven't had it myself, but I've definitely heard good things.

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

yeah it's unrefined cane sugar vs high-fructose corn syrup plus all the chemical crap. Anybody who can get it (it was at my local small town supermarket for $1/bottle) owes it to themselves to try a Mexican Coke+a nice rum - it takes a usually shittily made drink to the next level and it's really noticeable, great stuff.

8. diamonds

diamonds Senior member

sazerac, gin martini with lemon peel, old fashioned, aviation

summer drank: stinger, mint julep

THE LAST WORD

9. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

yeah it's unrefined cane sugar vs high-fructose corn syrup plus all the chemical crap. Anybody who can get it (it was at my local small town supermarket for $1/bottle) owes it to themselves to try a Mexican Coke+a nice rum - it takes a usually shittily made drink to the next level and it's really noticeable, great stuff.
    Definitely. It actually makes a rum and coke taste like a legit cocktail instead of just a mixed drink. I was skeptical until I actually tried it. You can get it at every supermarket here, and I live in the midwest.
    sazerac, gin martini with lemon peel, old fashioned, aviation summer drank: stinger, mint julep THE LAST WORD
    We seem to have the same taste in cocktails, down to the lemon peel. However you left off my #1 which is the Manhattan (rye, bitters, no fruit).

10. diamonds

diamonds Senior member

if it makes you feel any better it wasn't intentional.

i like my manhattans with a brandied cherry

11. b1os

b1os Senior member

Now you made me even more jealous.

12. R.O. Thornhill

R.O. Thornhill Senior member

Cocktails:

Dry martini (with BBR No 3, or Sacred gin)

Negroni

Malts:

Lagavulin

Laphroig

Glenfiddich Havanna Reserve

Aardberg 17 YO

13. Jdeansmith11

Jdeansmith11 Well-Known Member

Pimms & Lemonade? God, I'm a girl.

14. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Really starting to get back into classic cocktails and mixology as of recent, and even thinking about making my own bitters. What websites or blogs are you all following? Any good videos?

I made myself a couple of Old Fashioned cocktails last night and was a very happy boy. Unfortunately, the ice from my freezer is pretty sub par, but the cocktail was still enjoyable nonetheless. What kind of ice are you all using at home?

I'm looking at you Huntsman.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  15. fuji

fuji Senior member

G&T or just gin with a bit of lime and ice if im not getting drunk Jaeger Bombs if I am.