1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Whats' your favorite brand of shoe and why?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dddrees, Sep 4, 2012.

1. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

Yes i understand that but my point is that i was worried about even mentioning Kiton because of the high price point. got it?

2. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

yes, sir

3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Sounds like an absolutely marvelous collection, and thanks for taking the time for being so detailed and sharing these descriptions with us. I only wish I could see some pictures to match your descriptions.

Thanks again.

4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Knowing very little it is my understanding that Cole Haan did like you say make better shoes than they currently make. However I can see where the shoes they make now do fit quite a few people's needs quite nicely. I have a couple myself, but I am currently looking at broadening my horizons a bit.

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Great answer, it's great to be able to find the good qualities in a number of different brands. I do think rather often not one brand of anything does everything exactly right, but often many brands do at least one thing better than most.

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

All good stuff, and I see your point.

I know very little yet, but I'm sure glad you brought Kiton up.

7. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Allen-Edmonds (obviously to forum old-timers) for the quality-price-value relationship. I don't have much experience with higher-end shoe brands, but my observation is that you are going to have to spend at least $1,000+ to get a discernibly better-looking, more elegant shoe than A-E's better offerings, and even then the difference isn't going to be all that great.

Since I have started wearing A-Es, I have never, but never, seen a man and thought, "Wow, his shoes sure outclass mine." However, this may say more about "Slovenly California" and the social milieu I move in.

8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I don't think anyone can argue with this. Whatever works for you best just simply works for you. I think they make some really great shoes as well and I can't argue with any of the points you've made.

9. AlexG33

AlexG33 Senior member

I own or have owned shoes from Lobb, Weston, Corthay, Aubercy, Santoni and Stefanobi but Berluti plays thé right chords for me

10. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

My favourite shoe brand will be C&J, great price point with nice lasts, easy to buy in London.

I haven't tried Vass yet but surely that will be also great, if not better.

In terms of anesthetics, I like corthay the best, once I put it on I feel like I am wearing a SLK car on my feet.

11. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Interesting, I was aware of C&J but I wasn't even aware of Corthay or Vass until visiting this website. I just finished looking at a website which has some of the Corthay shoes, and I visited the Vass website but it appears as part of their website is still under construction.

12. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I think if I'm going to get serious about this I may just have to do some comparing for myself as well. Just doing some research right now.

13. ap10046

ap10046 Senior member

Crockett & Jones!

14. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Any specific reasons, and have you compared their shoes to any others?

15. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

it's a lady's car?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012