• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats' your favorite brand of shoe and why?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everybody has an opinion but which one is your favorite or favorites? Is it because of style, quality, craftmanship, fit, or durability? Is it RTW or Bespoke? Which ones do you like the most?

Pictures would be nice as well.

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everybody has an opinion but which one is your favorite or favorites? Is it because of style, quality, craftmanship, fit, or durability? Is it RTW or Bespoke? Which ones do you like the most?

Pictures would be nice as well.

Ludwig Reiter.
It's the only Brand that fits me.
I've tried Vass, Balint, Weston, Church,C&J, Greene, Alden, Alan Edmonds,
Cleverly, Lobb, etc.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ludwig Reiter.
It's the only Brand that fits me.
I've tried Vass, Balint, Weston, Church,C&J, Greene, Alden, Alan Edmonds,
Cleverly, Lobb, etc.
Wow, it's amazing to me you were unable to find another among all the ones you tried that wouldn't fit. Good to hear you finally found one though.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crockett & jones

nice lasts, good leather, fits well, good quality, attractive price point

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crockett & jones
nice lasts, good leather, fits well, good quality, attractive price point
I've heard these are really nice.

I'm currently considering which brand to try next.

Problem is my location, not much of an opportunity to check many out.

TurnerE

Reaction score
I personally really like Cole Haan. I have quite small feet and they are one of the few nice shoemakers that actually make shoes that fit me. I've had a couple of pairs of their shoes for more than 5 years now, and I wear them regularly. And I think that you can generally find nice looking shoes from them without paying an arm and a leg.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I personally really like Cole Haan. I have quite small feet and they are one of the few nice shoemakers that actually make shoes that fit me. I've had a couple of pairs of their shoes for more than 5 years now, and I wear them regularly. And I think that you can generally find nice looking shoes from them without paying an arm and a leg. 

joke?

not sure if serious

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe cement has really improved recently.

emc894

Reaction score
I have G&G for my most formal shoes. 2 chestnut or lighter Vass oxfords. CJ Suede oxfords (new and lingwood branded). One pair of AE that I wear in rains, and some Sanders suede shoes and boots for casual wear. Those, white jack purcells and black common projects are pretty much all I wear.

G&G are definitely my favorite. The $400 or so difference in price is fairly inconsequential over the life of the shoe and I smile every time I look at my feet.

I also have a pair of JMWeston loafers (180 I think) that are great.

EDIT: FYI I think Vass represents great value for money and G&G is the best overall in quality. JLPs just don't fit me that well and the entry level EG's seem to be overpriced for what they are.

However, both JLP and EG have some great iconic styles that carry a lot of weight. If I were to buy a double monk it would be the Westminister and if it fit me I would buy the JL Phllip II.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have G&G for my most formal shoes. 2 chestnut or lighter Vass oxfords. CJ Suede shoes. One pair of AE that I wear if it rains.
G&G are definitely my favorite. The $400 or so difference in price is fairly inconsequential over the life of the shoe and I smile every time I look at my feet.
Sounds great and it appears as you have a few from a couple of different brands. Awesome!!!

Hey if you don't mind and you have some time, please post some pics when you get a chance.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
joke?
not sure if serious

Cole Hann does have some goodyear welt offerings that could be picked up at a very decent price...

p.s., I like different shoes at different brands. i.e., Tricker's Stow, G&G GG06 Oxford, G&G MH71 St James II, Corthay Arca, Berluti loafer, etc. But out of the 16 pairs of all my shoes, I own 3 Lobbs and 2 FootJoy golf shoes.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cole Hann does have some goodyear welt offerings that could be picked up at a very decent price...

p.s., I like different shoes at different brands. i.e., Tricker's Stow, G&G GG06 Oxford, G&G MH71 St James II, Corthay Arca, Berluti loafer, etc. But out of the 16 pairs of all my shoes, I own 3 Lobbs and 2 FootJoy golf shoes.
Sounds well rounded as well, would love to see some pics if you have any.

I would love to get some Lobbs one day.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread would work much better and stand the test of time as a poll.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads