What's your damage for the RL sale ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by oaw01, May 16, 2009.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I only purchased a polo shirt. Nothing really inspired me this time.

2. Walt190

Walt190 Member

Shell Wingtips. May go back for more.

3. oaw01

oaw01 Senior member

you honestly paid 1K for a black RLBL blazer? Is this for streetwear purposes?
    http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family Yup, the one above - it added up to $1055 after tax and alterations. I know it's a bit much - but it was something I wanted. Shit, I was second guessing this purchase for the longest time. Fuck it, it's done and over. At least the female SAs butter me up by saying - "oh the Black label looks so good on you and it's a basic jacket which never goes on sale"

4. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Seriously thinking about the tassel loafer in shell cordovan, 'cause it's all the rage to wear tassel loafer. But I'm still undecided though.

Maybe better in suede? [​IMG]

+1, i had my finger on the trigger yesterday.

Not sure if i'm in the mood to spend the dough though, i was hovering over one of the Corneliani made linen herringbone jackets yesterday.

I'm so used to getting killer deals online that i'm just not jumpin yet, but the tassel loafers are priced pretty well.

Picked up to OCBD's and a bowtie.

5. SkinnyGoomba

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

Yup, the one above - it added up to $1055 after tax and alterations. I know it's a bit much - but it was something I wanted. Shit, I was second guessing this purchase for the longest time. Fuck it, it's done and over.

At least the female SAs butter me up by saying - "oh the Black label looks so good on you and it's a basic jacket which never goes on sale"

As much as i love the SA's in the Princeton store, I like to make my own decisions on what to buy.

All in all, it depends on what it means to you, if its something you plan to wear alot, its worth it.

6. oaw01

oaw01 Senior member

Damn, I'm getting big time buyer's remorse. $1k for a blazer is absurb. It's time for woodbury to stock up on their $240 suits

7. SkinnyGoomba

...yup, some reason why i didnt jump at buying the linen jacket i've been wanted, i'm like.....Wait the last RL polo jacket i bought i paid $290 for and the retail was 2300......and i'm buying this for what, 2X that? fuck no.

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Damn, I'm getting big time buyer's remorse. $1k for a blazer is absurb. It's time for woodbury to stock up on their $240 suits

Why is 1K for a blazer absurd, it's a relatively good price for high-priced items, no? When all you do is bargain hunt instead of buying what you really want you end up looking like a generic, second-rate IGent.

9. arkangel8373

arkangel8373 Member

one pair shell cordovan Marlow Penny Loafers
    one pair shell cordovan Darlton Tassel Loafers

10. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

Why is 1K for a blazer absurd, it's a relatively good price for high-priced items, no? When all you do is bargain hunt instead of buying what you really want you end up looking like a generic, second-rate IGent.

+1, assuming you don't have a blazer in your wardrobe, you are better off spending 1k on a classic piece in your absolute right size rather than mail-ordering 4 black cotton jackets from woodbury that you will never wear and which may or may not be botched custom orders with flaws.

11. SlamMan

SlamMan Senior member

2x BL suits. I'm weak but I love the way the BL stuff fits.

12. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

A RLBL black blazer - $1055

Stupid [​IMG]

13. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Stupid [​IMG]

while I frown upon spending >$1K for a RLBL jacket, it's not my money [​IMG] and like someone else said, if the fit is great and the article gets much use, it's a good deal [​IMG]

What's "STUPID" is to jump on some forum bandwagon and buy stuff sight/measurment unseen (such as a Borrelli jacket) which flatters nobody.

14. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

while I frown upon spending >$1K for a RLBL jacket, it's not my money [​IMG] and like someone else said, if the fit is great and the article gets much use, it's a good deal [​IMG]

What's "STUPID" is to jump on some forum bandwagon and buy stuff sight/measurment unseen (such as a Borrelli jacket) which flatters nobody.

$1K on a blazer is stupid unless one is a deformed millionaire. Period.

15. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

[​IMG]