• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats your closet look like?

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After seeing several forum member post partial pics of their closets i was curious to see what others closets look like and have people post pics of their closets and how they organize stuff (which seems to come up here frequently see my other post). Mines as follows: Pics of most of my suits View from outside my closet where i keep my shoes, shoe care, and scarf's on these shelves All my dress shirts organized in color (generally) by stripes, checks/patterns, solids. Here is a few of my tees (others are in the wash after a dirty year of school) and casual blazers and track jackets. Casual button downs along with ties and braces. Â Usually i have my dress pants here next to ties and braces but they were out of my closet at the moment.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like you might want to get a shoe shelf and a belt rack.

damonallan

Reaction score
Aside from the picture below, I built a tie rack and shoe platforms shelves along the walls. Beat that. Damon

cuffthis

Reaction score
Demeis - you need some more dress shoes. You have a good amount of suits and shirts, but if that rack contains your hoard of shoes, start buying more shoes.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Demeis - you need some more dress shoes. You have a good amount of suits and shirts, but if that rack contains your hoard of shoes, start buying more shoes.
Yes i know, two pairs are missing, one black and one brown but still i know it is not enough saddly i missed the paul stuart sale and have been waiting for more grensons which doesn't look like its happening anytime soon.  If only i had more money for ties and shoes.

My closet is so small i've been moving some of my stuff that i dont' wear to often or that is seasonal into the one of the guest room closets. I desperatly need something to organize my belts and ties and braces.

dorian

Reaction score
Aside from the picture below, I built a tie rack and shoe platforms shelves along the walls. http://img154.echo.cx/my.php?image=mycloset1ac.jpg Beat that. Damon
You built that.? It looks leather-wrapped. Is it? Either way, very nice.
thumbs-up.gif

damonallan

Reaction score
Not leather wrapped.

Stained Mohagany pine actually.

It started with an idea.

Damon

Execwolf

Reaction score
All my dress shirts organized in color (generally) by stripes, checks/patterns, solids. Casual button downs along with ties and braces. Usually i have my dress pants here next to ties and braces but they were out of my closet at the moment.
Looks like you have a lot of great stuff...but I wonder if it would be better to store your ties next to your dress shirts instead of your casual shirts; this will make it easier for you to coordinate when suiting up. Also, be nicer to your ties and get them a rack instead of leaving them wild on a hanger--they work so hard hanging around your neck all day and making a personal statement, don't you think they deserve a nice house to rest in?
smile.gif

cuffthis

Reaction score
Sneek peek at some of the shelving in dressing room 1: Casual shirts, folded and boxed for easier travelling Sweaters and sweater vests. Top shelf contains a vintage walnut display case with approximately 300 pairs of cufflinks in custom fitted holders. In front of glass display case is a portion of my cotton, linen and wool pocket squares.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuffthis how do you get dressed in the morning? I have a hard enough time choosing from my microscopic wardrobe, and just from the other pictures i've seen of your closet along with these baffle me.

mjs

Reaction score
Cuffthis how do you get dressed in the morning?  I have a hard enough time choosing from my microscopic wardrobe, and just from the other pictures i've seen of your closet along with these baffle me.
If I confronted cuffthis' closet(s) every morning I know the answer would be "with a grin."

cuffthis

Reaction score
Cuffthis how do you get dressed in the morning?
I always lay my clothes out the night before, and use a rotation system in my closet(s). For instance, whenever I return a suit, coat, trousers or any other hanging article to its rack, I always place it to the far left. And when selecting items to wear, I always pull from the far right, therefore selecting the oldest ones first. I do the same for my shoes, which lie under the hanging racks. For shirts, sweaters, etc. stored on shelves, I always put the ones back from the laundry/cleaners on the bottom, and select new ones to wear from the top of the pile. During my college years, my summer job was working at a produce stand, which uses the same system, always putting the oldest items on top, so they would be used up before they went bad. I guess this is where this methodology came from. Either that, or I am just too organized and anal. Cufflinks are a different matter though. With 2,000+ pairs (and growing Â
omg.gif
), if I used the above method, it would be 8+ years between wearings of each pair. For links, I wear the newest acquisition first, and then I file it away in one of my display/storage chests, which are sorted by age, style and type. When selecting older pairs to wear, I choose a pair from a different drawer of a different storage unit each day. That way, I see all of the links from that drawer and can choose from a different selection each day. It also helps me get reaquainted with my babies. I can pick almost any pair and tell you who I bought it from, when, where and how much I paid for them, all from memory. Hmmmmm, does excess consumption of wine cause you to lose brain cells? I may be in trouble soon...................................this pair came from? from? from?

alchimiste

Reaction score
I can pick almost any pair and tell you who I bought it from, when, where and how much I paid for them, all from memory.
But for that you had to make room in your memeory and missed your wife's birthday. Again.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, does excess consumption of wine cause you to lose brain cells? I may be in trouble soon...................................this pair came from? from? from?
How about excess consumption of something else?

stache

Reaction score
I use flat strong hangers covered in muslin for my belts. I just pin around the buckle on to the muslin. It saves a lot of space.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads