• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's wrong with wearing sandals?

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
A pair of totally unadorned leather thongs is OK, but their application is very, very limited to BBQs and beachwear.

Those mandals you posted (e.g. anything with any kind of a weave or anything resembling a complete shoe) are hideous and should never, ever be worn. Ever.

I absolutely agree with Douglas.

Those kind of sandals are not stylish by any means. And sandals of any kind are limited to the most casual of occasions.

I, personally, have a problem with thong sandals, but I think that's just me. Tons of guys wear them. Maybe I'm biased since I don't think they look good on me and I find they have a "dainty" kind of look. I prefer the kind that wrap around the top of the foot.

JPYPSU07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
It was an awkward moment to say the least.

It is very awkward. I also got asked if I was a Soccer player because of my calves. I said that I do the least amount of physical activity as possible and this is the way I end up. She gave me a big smile and didn't belive me!

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by healthinfo
HI, It is sobad for your health and legs. Please do not wear sandals. After sometime you pain your leg and you back in this thread and get some tips for this problem. Please do not create a problem. Take care.
I advise you suggest me.....for your good health................

eh.gif
eh.gif
eh.gif

Trojanman74

Reaction score
im a fresh out of college and everyday was spent in flip flops because i live in az. so when i got to work while it was fun to finally wear nice stuff, but i yearned for that day to wear flip flops on jeans day. i even offered our charity head an extra 3-5 dollars to wear them. but i was fowarded an email that apparantly had been sent to her years ago from the FOUNDER of our company, who is still acting chairman, where the chairty head wrote a lengthy email explaining the different benefits people had offered for more sandal days, to which his reply was simply no. she later explained that he viewed flipflops in the work place as the ultimate sign of unprofessionalism. thats why i think sandals is faux pau...

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dunno- been thinking about these- mostly with shorts:
909581.jpg

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
baldy[1].gif
GOOD LORD, I seriously CAN'T understand the replies. Hobbit Feet???
baldy[1].gif

The sandals I'm talking about BARELY expose any skin.
facepalm.gif

emptym

Reaction score
What did you think about the sandals I posted in your first thread?

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
What did you think about the sandals I posted in your first thread?

I liked them except I would have them in brown and with toes covered.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The brown Cole Haan sandals you link to are fine. I like to wear a sandal like that with a lightweight cotton khaki suit and an unbottoned white shirt, at outdoor events in the summer.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
please, please, please do not wear socks with sandles
frown.gif

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
uhoh.gif
I wore these today.
peepwall[1].gif

They look like you would shove your hands in them and use them as a boxing glove/shiled in some kind of cheap sci-fi. However I should think they are comfy and when worn would not be quite so..attention grabbing with the orange.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're just awful...
There is a reason why they're on sale ...Nobody in his right mind would never buy them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads