1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What's Wrong with These Santoni's?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mf62168, Jul 3, 2013.

1. mf62168

mf62168 Well-Known Member

Please see the pictures. It appears there is an additional layer of leather that should be fully covered by the top of the strap (closer to the toe) that is not. The strap lies the same way when wearing them so that does not make a difference. Am I wrong or does this just look wrong?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  2. mf62168

Bump .... Any thoughts would be appreciate. Thanks.

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

It is what it is. It had to be intentional unless they were a manufacturers defect, in which case you would have not paid retail. The buckles need to be cleaned up of residual polish. The leather flaps appear to be of unstretched leather so it is possible that they would have stretched somewhat. Are the outer leather uppers buttery soft?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  4. mf62168

Yes the leather is buttery soft. The lines just look off to my eye bc the flap is peaking out underneath the strap.

5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Personally I would treat these as casual. Perhaps others will ring in on this.

6. mf62168

Agreed, but even if casual they still seem defective to me.