• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What's wrong with the back of the jacket?

Per

Reaction score
For those who know they easily get sick from bad fitting, please click back now. The rest of you, please tell me what causes the wrinkles on the back of the jackets. I think you can see which one is a 40 (just one photo) and which one is size 38. The larger looks awful, is it just a mess or could it (will most likely not but would like to know) be successfully altered? There are two front pictures of the smaller jacket to give an impression about what it looks like from that side.
I'm fully aware of the sleeve length issues and that the blue jacket is too short, I'm interested in what's causing the problems on the back. I'm looking for a new, better fitting, higher quality suit so your advice would be of great help.

yo!

Reaction score
The first photo looks like the larger jacket. That one shows an ill fit near of the shoulders as can be seen by the excess fabric near the left shoulder blade area.

The second photo (smaller jacket?) looks good in the shoulders and the excess material in the body near the sides can be altered out.

Also, it appears that the jacket is either center or no vented. In which case you are wrong.

Per

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yo!
The first photo looks like the larger jacket. That one shows an ill fit near of the shoulders as can be seen by the excess fabric near the left shoulder blade area.

The second photo (smaller jacket?) looks good in the shoulders and the excess material in the body near the sides can be altered out.

To avoid confusion, you are right about which jacket is which. Regarding the first photo, excess fabric means that the jacket is simply too big or does it have something to do with cut or construction? The same jacket, would it be possible to get rid of the wrinkles under the collar by "pulling up" fabric under it?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40