Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What's wrong with my sunglasses?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Chicho Huang, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Chicho Huang

Chicho Huang New Member

Hi! there,

I know it's embarrassing to ask this question here, but seems no one can answer my question in my home town.
    I bought a black sunglass at local optician few months ago. The sunglasses is made of acetate (kind of plastic, the salesman told me) material. After I wore it for around two weeks, the frame was gradually covered by a blue-like coat of dirt. It felt a bit sticky. Therefore, I brought it back to the eyewear shop and asked the causes. Of course, I wanted to exchange a new one, but the salesman just wiped it out and told me "It is normal, no need to worry!" I could feel that he didn't want to exchange a new one and tried to shirk responsibility.

The problem comes to the sunglasses again recently, and I try to reach other opticians and ask them the true cause of the covering dirt. I think if I know the true reasons that producing this sticky dirt on my sunglasses, I may have the power to ask the optician to exchange a new one for me!!

Does anyone know what is the blue-like coat of dirt covering on my sunglasses? And what is the true cause?

Many thanks,

Otto