• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's With Women And Travelling?

Do women travel / like travelling much more than men?

• Yes, annoyingly so.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • A little bit...

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No, you're just imagining it / about the same as men...

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went on Match.com and every woman on there is apparently a world traveler. Wtf? I don't have guy friends that travel like that. Did I miss something?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
THIS ^ .... I've been telling my wife I do not have to actually see the world to be happy, and yet she doesn't get it.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The Mrs. thinks she should be traveling and wants adventure, but every time we go someplace she gets cranky and miserable during the trip and then gets hateful at the destination and sulks when we arrive home. So I think she really likes the idea of travel but hasn't adjusted for the hassles of traveling.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

The Mrs. thinks she should be traveling and wants adventure, but every time we go someplace she gets cranky and miserable during the trip and then gets hateful at the destination and sulks when we arrive home. So I think she really likes the idea of travel but hasn't adjusted for the hassles of traveling.

word of advice, T: do not let her experience luxury travel. ever. :D

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

word of advice, T: do not let her experience luxury travel. ever. :D

Thanks mang. I had been fearing that up to now, fortunately it's less of a concern now.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I believe you are imagining it.

I do have a few female friends on FB who are very vocal about their travel, but I think this is more evidence that they are single and 30-something and a little overly talkative (are these things related?) than that they actually travel more or want to travel more.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw something along the lines of 'the same great feeling as filling up the last page of your passport book' in some women's magazine once. Anyone who has actually done such a thing hates it because it means they need to rush a new passport in time for their next departure.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went on Match.com and every woman on there is apparently a world traveler. Wtf? I don't have guy friends that travel like that. Did I miss something?

if you are paying for it the bitches are world travelers...
Traveling costs money
Bitches like money
Therefore bitches like traveling.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

if you are paying for it the bitches are world travelers...
Traveling costs money
Bitches like money
Therefore bitches like traveling.

This is the most intelligent post I've ever read by you, and it's still stupid.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw something along the lines of 'the same great feeling as filling up the last page of your passport book' in some women's magazine once. Anyone who has actually done such a thing hates it because it means they need to rush a new passport in time for their next departure.

No, not true in my experience. I've actually done this and my embassy added more pages to my book. The original pages are numbered. The added pages are lettered. It's done in one visit. Easy peasy pudding and pie.

Speaking of which, I only have 2 blank pages. Thanks for reminding me SF, you're da best!

Last edited:

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, not true in my experience. I've actually done this and my embassy added more pages to my book. The original pages are numbered. The added pages are lettered. It's done in one visit. Easy peasy pudding and pie.
Speaking of which, I only have 2 blank pages. Thanks for reminding me SF, you're da best!

Erm, read here: http://travel.state.gov/passport/correcting/add/add_850.html

Also, U.S. passport policies don't apply to other countries, going to an embassy in a foreign country is a hassle, every embassy and consulate has its own policies, and finally and you can't endlessly add pages to every passport book.

Last edited:

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Erm, read here: http://travel.state.gov/passport/correcting/add/add_850.html
Also, U.S. passport policies don't apply to other countries, going to an embassy in a foreign country is a hassle, every embassy and consulate has its own policies, and finally and you can't endlessly add pages to every passport book.

Erm...

Additional Visa Pages

If your passport's visa pages are becoming full, but your passport is still valid and in good condition, you may apply for additional visa pages.

Generally only one set of extra pages (24 pages are in each set) can be added to your passport at a time, but if needed, and if your passport remains in good condition, you may have up to two sets of extra pages inserted into your passport. Once this limit is reached, you will need to apply for a passport renewal. Please note that extra pages cannot be added to a limited validity passport issued to facilitate emergency travel. Emergency passport holders must apply for a new passport.

Please submit the following information via courier service:

Passport application must be filled out using the Passport Wizard. Once completed, please print and sign the application form. Applications filled out by hand will not be accepted.
Your current U.S. passport
Fee: $82

I checked several US embassies and consulates in Europe and Asia and they all say the same and it's $82 everywhere. The only difference is office hours, scheduling the appointment, and the time it takes to add the pages.

In my experience dealing w/ the embassy and consulate is easier than dealing w/ the home office. And what led you to erroneously conclude I said US passport policies apply in other countries?

True one can't add pages endlessly, but adding up to another 48 will extend the life of my passport nicely.

Of course if you enjoy replacing your passport instead... have at it. Me... I'm just here to help.

Insa'Allah -

Requirements for additional passport pages:

Applicant’s valid passport
DS-4085 form
Fees: 305 AED

Usually, we can add pages the same working day, in about an hour.

Last edited:

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Travel is a status symbol, especially for girls who haven't done much else with their lives, and thus gives them something to fill up their profiles (and identity) with. I don't think women travel any more or less than guys on average, but it is reasonable to conclude that those introverted enough to be on a dating site probably would be more of the type that travel internationally. I've always found bragging about your vacations to be a bit lame, even worse are those lonely-planet self-described 'wanderers' pretending it was anything more than a vacation; so I keep it to myself. In my opinion having gone overseas to live, work, even pursue a romance or whatever is way more interesting than 'i've hit 5 continents in 5 years' bull.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I thought this was just an individual thing between my wife and me.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Travel is a status symbol, especially for girls who haven't done much else with their lives, and thus gives them something to fill up their profiles (and identity) with. I don't think women travel any more or less than guys on average, but it is reasonable to conclude that those introverted enough to be on a dating site probably would be more of the type that travel internationally. I've always found bragging about your vacations to be a bit lame, even worse are those lonely-planet self-described 'wanderers' pretending it was anything more than a vacation; so I keep it to myself. In my opinion having gone overseas to live, work, even pursue a romance or whatever is way more interesting than 'i've hit 5 continents in 5 years' bull.

This seem endemic around DC, and the weirder and more uncomfortable the place you're traveling, the more street cred you get. If they have flush toilets and no brownouts, you might as well be going to Disneyland. Bonus points for land mines and threats of ethnic violence.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads