Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What's With Women And Travelling?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tck13, Jul 18, 2012.

Do women travel / like travelling much more than men?

1. Yes, annoyingly so.

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. A little bit...

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. No, you're just imagining it / about the same as men...

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

I went on Match.com and every woman on there is apparently a world traveler. Wtf? I don't have guy friends that travel like that. Did I miss something?

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

THIS ^ .... I've been telling my wife I do not have to actually see the world to be happy, and yet she doesn't get it.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

The Mrs. thinks she should be traveling and wants adventure, but every time we go someplace she gets cranky and miserable during the trip and then gets hateful at the destination and sulks when we arrive home. So I think she really likes the idea of travel but hasn't adjusted for the hassles of traveling.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

word of advice, T: do not let her experience luxury travel. ever. :D

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Thanks mang. I had been fearing that up to now, fortunately it's less of a concern now.

6. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

I believe you are imagining it.

I do have a few female friends on FB who are very vocal about their travel, but I think this is more evidence that they are single and 30-something and a little overly talkative (are these things related?) than that they actually travel more or want to travel more.

7. why

why Senior member

I saw something along the lines of 'the same great feeling as filling up the last page of your passport book' in some women's magazine once. Anyone who has actually done such a thing hates it because it means they need to rush a new passport in time for their next departure.

8. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

if you are paying for it the bitches are world travelers...
    Traveling costs money
    Bitches like money
    Therefore bitches like traveling.

9. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

This is the most intelligent post I've ever read by you, and it's still stupid.

10. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

No, not true in my experience. I've actually done this and my embassy added more pages to my book. The original pages are numbered. The added pages are lettered. It's done in one visit. Easy peasy pudding and pie.

Speaking of which, I only have 2 blank pages. Thanks for reminding me SF, you're da best!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012

11. why

why Senior member

Erm, read here: http://travel.state.gov/passport/correcting/add/add_850.html

Also, U.S. passport policies don't apply to other countries, going to an embassy in a foreign country is a hassle, every embassy and consulate has its own policies, and finally and you can't endlessly add pages to every passport book.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012

12. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

Erm...

I checked several US embassies and consulates in Europe and Asia and they all say the same and it's $82 everywhere. The only difference is office hours, scheduling the appointment, and the time it takes to add the pages.

In my experience dealing w/ the embassy and consulate is easier than dealing w/ the home office. And what led you to erroneously conclude I said US passport policies apply in other countries?

True one can't add pages endlessly, but adding up to another 48 will extend the life of my passport nicely.

Of course if you enjoy replacing your passport instead... have at it. Me... I'm just here to help.

Insa'Allah -

Requirements for additional passport pages:

Applicant’s valid passport
    DS-4085 form
    Fees: 305 AED

Usually, we can add pages the same working day, in about an hour.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

13. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

Travel is a status symbol, especially for girls who haven't done much else with their lives, and thus gives them something to fill up their profiles (and identity) with. I don't think women travel any more or less than guys on average, but it is reasonable to conclude that those introverted enough to be on a dating site probably would be more of the type that travel internationally. I've always found bragging about your vacations to be a bit lame, even worse are those lonely-planet self-described 'wanderers' pretending it was anything more than a vacation; so I keep it to myself. In my opinion having gone overseas to live, work, even pursue a romance or whatever is way more interesting than 'i've hit 5 continents in 5 years' bull.

14. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Interesting, I thought this was just an individual thing between my wife and me.

15. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

This seem endemic around DC, and the weirder and more uncomfortable the place you're traveling, the more street cred you get. If they have flush toilets and no brownouts, you might as well be going to Disneyland. Bonus points for land mines and threats of ethnic violence.