• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What's with all of the Skull and Crossbone Avatars?

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,805
Reaction score
173
From what I recall, Flambeur changed his avatar to a skull & crossbones. FNB then change his to a similar one. Flambeur created a thread calling out FNB. I read the thread and decided that I thought stealing avatars was a very good idea too so I stole Flambeurs. I have since moved on to stealing other avatars and have not followed why it is so rampant now. May have something to do with whatever the Manton/FNB relationship is.
 

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
14,516
Reaction score
233
Huh.
Who'd think fairly intelligent, style-conscious people would mindlessly copy one another by changing their physical appearance?
 

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2005
Messages
6,134
Reaction score
13
Originally Posted by hossoso
From what I recall, Flambeur changed his avatar to a skull & crossbones. FNB then change his to a similar one. Flambeur created a thread calling out FNB. I read the thread and decided that I thought stealing avatars was a very good idea too so I stole Flambeurs. I have since moved on to stealing other avatars and have not followed why it is so rampant now. May have something to do with whatever the Manton/FNB relationship is.
I barely know Flambeaur. Do you have a link to this post?
 

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,527
Reaction score
5
 

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
13,844
Reaction score
3,985
Read Manton's sig. The Avarice Bespoke thread about sport coats has something to do with it. It was a cat fight between Manton and FNB. They almost kissed.
 

whacked

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
7,364
Reaction score
6

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2008
Messages
1,629
Reaction score
13
Mine is a fraternity thing... even have the tattoo. Was just waiting for someone else to do it first. Discuss....
 

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2005
Messages
6,134
Reaction score
13
Originally Posted by whacked
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=89569 The last post is particularly prescient, intentionally or otherwise.
I didnt catch this thread. I didnt get a pm and i dont come to General Chat a lot. My avatar is different than his and was chosen for my own reasons. I didnt even realize he had a skull and bones avatar. I thought you guys were talking about all the posters using my exact avatar.
 

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2008
Messages
1,114
Reaction score
0
I thought it was some kind of Ed Hardy support group.

 

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,805
Reaction score
173
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
I didnt catch this thread. I didnt get a pm and i dont come to General Chat a lot. My avatar is different than his and was chosen for my own reasons. I didnt even realize he had a skull and bones avatar. I thought you guys were talking about all the posters using my exact avatar.
I guess that would explain your confusion. I'm pretty sure it all started out as a joke. I was a little surprised at how seriously you took my post in Trans Mod.
 

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2005
Messages
6,134
Reaction score
13
Originally Posted by hossoso
I guess that would explain your confusion. I'm pretty sure it all started out as a joke. I was a little surprised at how seriously you took my post in Trans Mod.
No, no it's fine; actually i owe you a debt of gratitude. Without your attention to the trivial I never would've found about this misunderstanding. I wonder if I should make amends to Flameur by changing my avatar to something less impinging on his trade mark.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 70 8.6%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 48 5.9%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.1%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 52 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,040
Messages
9,227,483
Members
193,695
Latest member
mohammedyusri
Top