• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's up with this site?

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when I first got here this site looked like the best place on the net for style help/opinions... but look at it. People are lucky to get an answer to a question, yet there are 80 views of it. Slower than molasses lately. Why are people not answering questions? If you know something about it, answer it so we can have some good explanations and discussions please.

pstoller

Reaction score
I would think that people don't answer because they don't have an answer. Just because people view a question doesn't mean they have a response to it. Even I don't have an opinion about everything"”it just seems that way sometimes.
smile.gif

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well I always appreciate reading your answers P, you take the time to reply to people and you know what you're talking about.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What answer, are you looking ?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What was the question in the first place?

People do not reply because: They have already replied on the subject
They can't be bothered to do so
Their boss is watching
The question is dull or lacking any originality
They have a life
They're searching for the meaning of life
Knowledge is power

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I hate it when people on fora complain about how the fora used to be better.

whoa i see you have 0,000 posts!

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
What was the question in the first place? People do not reply because: They have already replied on the subject They can't be bothered to do so Their boss is watching The question is dull or lacking any originality They have a life They're searching for the meaning of life Knowledge is power
I am confuse , of the question also but, I think you hit, the tie on it's, dimple with a captoe.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I hate it when people on fora complain about how the fora used to be better.

particularly when the complaint is made mere months into the forum's existence.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do like the 00000 post...That's great great Dandysm.....A real tribute to Marcel Proust and Oscar Wilde on the vacuity of the time passing by...

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the OP's subject was going to referr to the "This site is busy and unavailable" (or some variation) message I've been getting recently.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads