• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's up with APCs one-size inseam?

amdi8

Reaction score
I posted this before in the APC thread, but I think it got lost in the shuffle.

What's up with APCs one-size inseam? Am I missing something, or do they only have one size for inseam? A 28x36 is going to look ridiculous on me. Do people just cuff them, or do you alter them to reduce them to a good length? I don't much care for the cuffed look...

Am I missing something? I can't see how people hail the APCs as a great jean and they only have one size length!

joey_formal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amdi8
I posted this before in the APC thread, but I think it got lost in the shuffle.

What's up with APCs one-size inseam? Am I missing something, or do they only have one size for inseam? A 28x36 is going to look ridiculous on me. Do people just cuff them, or do you alter them to reduce them to a good length? I don't much care for the cuffed look...

Am I missing something? I can't see how people hail the APCs as a great jean and they only have one size length!

APC does the 36" inseam to save on costs to keep them cheaper, and yea you can get them altered or roll 'em. oh not to mention they will shrink up when washed

aspriel

Reaction score
PC isn't the only company. Among the more mainstream premium denim companies, 7FAM, R&R, and TR also do that (with a 33" inseam) - Diesel is one of the few that sell inseam lengths (and a 30!!)

Babar

Reaction score
My 30 NS actually had just a little over 34" inseam. I think it's only the bigger sizes that have a 36" inseam.

minimal

Reaction score
Thank *god* they do it. Otherwise we tall people would be stuck with the friggin conspiracy of 32"-fits-all inseams, which SUCKSUCKSUCK.

First one to winge about how Rag&Bone is too long for them gets it in the noggin, I swear....

Ok, I feel a little better now, just have to keep my taking my medication.

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
Yeah it's always annoying when I'm trying on pricier-than-normal jeans, and I have the luxury of having to pay even more to wait for them to be tailored to my length.

jl3969

Reaction score
i think most people will take being taller and have a harder time finding pants, than be short and have a harder time finding pants.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joey_formal
APC does the 36" inseam to save on costs to keep them cheaper, and yea you can get them altered or roll 'em. oh not to mention they will shrink up when washed
But to state the (hopefully) obvious, you don't want to get them altered until after they've shrunk.

minimal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jl3969
i think most people will take being taller and have a harder time finding pants, than be short and have a harder time finding pants.

Sure, but if you the inseam is too long for you it's just a hem to fix and you're set. If you're tall and the inseam is to short, you're SOL.

(Me of the 34.5" inseam, thus just about *every* jean is a little too short)

prozach1576

Reaction score
I was worried about this, but my APCs were exactly the right length when I got them. I ordered a 29 waist. I usually like about a ~33 inseam, and these seem to be about a 34, although I haven't measured. They stack ever so slightly and it's absolutely perfect. I'm afraid of what will happen when I wash them though.
frown.gif

tomtraubert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Babar
My 30 NS actually had just a little over 34" inseam. I think it's only the bigger sizes that have a 36" inseam.

i think this is true. i haven't measured my inseam but i'm 6'0 and the inseam is about perfect. My guess is 34.

if you only wash (ie don't machine dry) your pants, i don't think that they would shrink very much. you could also try pulling down on the legs while they're wet and let them hang/flat dry.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Well, it's not really a big deal because I don't plan on washing them for quite some time. They've softened up and stretched perfectly. Best jeans ever.

aspriel

Reaction score
I'm 6'0" and wear a 30 inseam. Go figure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics