• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

    Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

    Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats this about emo

wilson brother

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
412
Reaction score
3
Hello guys-

this term emo isnt so popular here..and I was hoping someone can someone give me an explanation..

Im asking because recently my friend DJ Ricks
alien.gif
used this word for me..and i'm not certain if I should take it as a compliment or not
redface.gif
.

Thanks for the help.


-Danny Wilson
 

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Aug 26, 2004
Messages
13,040
Reaction score
14
Originally Posted by wilson brother
Hello guys-

this term emo isnt so popular here..and I was hoping someone can someone give me an explanation..

Im asking because recently my friend DJ Ricks
alien.gif
used this word for me..and i'm not certain if I should take it as a compliment or not
redface.gif
.

Thanks for the help.


-Danny Wilson


the word describes you very well. Whether or not you should take it as a compliment? Most people wouldn't. You probably would.
 

wilson brother

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
412
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
the word describes you very well. Whether or not you should take it as a compliment? Most people wouldn't. You probably would.

Thanks Drizzt..my girl often says i'm not like the other guys
blush.gif
so I think I know what you mean.
 

Alter

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
4,321
Reaction score
144
Originally Posted by wilson brother
my girl often says i'm not like the other guys

Must...resist....
decisions.gif
 

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2
i think it refers to "comic" Emo Phillips

emo_philips_new_years_eve_3x5-72.jpg
 

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Aug 26, 2004
Messages
13,040
Reaction score
14
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
Again!
plain.gif


I like the t-shirt in the ad that says "I'm not your damn search engine!"


Shrug

My life's been dull these days. Whatever. I haven't been up to much. Today was a total loss. My mind is like a bunch of nothing. Eh.

Current Mood: [Face] stagnant
 

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Aug 26, 2004
Messages
13,040
Reaction score
14
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
Again!
plain.gif
I like the t-shirt in the ad that says "I'm not your damn search engine!"

Shrug My life's been dull these days. Whatever. I haven't been up to much. Today was a total loss. My mind is like a bunch of nothing. Eh. Current Mood:
plain.gif
stagnant hehe that thing owns.
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

  • Peacoat

  • Great coat

  • Trench

  • Mac

  • Chesterfield

  • Duffle coat

  • Topcoat

  • Shearling

  • Balmacaan

  • Parka

  • Loden

  • Car coat


Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
503,326
Messages
10,565,212
Members
223,408
Latest member
MorganBTurnage
Top