Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What's the word on Duffel Coats?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sharks9022, Dec 18, 2009.

1. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

Shameless plug but I'm selling a polo duffle coat...link in signature.

waitttt why isn't my signature showing...?

2. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Does anyone know if there is anywhere to get the 3sixteen duffel still?? It's beginning to haunt my dreams

Ugh, me too. Charcoal in M for me.

I tried it on at SENY and I just didn't consider a coat at twice my budget, but....

3. APK

APK Senior member

Try Extra Butter NY. That's where I got mine. Ask to speak to Jason (516-632-5150).

4. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

i did find GOd. but not holy . that's a process. stuff like this makes me take 2 steps back and etc. you know. working on it.

count to ten and then goosfrabba!

5. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

I bought this bad-ass W+H duffel coat from another forum member. It's my go-to coat for snow days.

It's heavy and warm as hell but also has a ton of detail throughout that definitely gets noticed - the buttons are engraved, the inside of the hood is extra thick and ribbed fabric to keep it from sliding around, the extra later of fabric around the shoulders keeps the rain out and the lower sleeves have a second cotton/elastic layer inside to wrap around your forearm and keep the wind out. The only complaint is the lack of inner pockets. If you can find one of these, grab it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. yfarmanara

yfarmanara Well-Known Member

Try Extra Butter NY. That's where I got mine. Ask to speak to Jason (516-632-5150).

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

7. yfarmanara

yfarmanara Well-Known Member

I bought this bad-ass W+H duffel coat from another forum member. It's my go-to coat for snow days.

It's heavy and warm as hell but also has a ton of detail throughout that definitely gets noticed - the buttons are engraved, the inside of the hood is extra thick and ribbed fabric to keep it from sliding around, the extra later of fabric around the shoulders keeps the rain out and the lower sleeves have a second cotton/elastic layer inside to wrap around your forearm and keep the wind out. The only complaint is the lack of inner pockets. If you can find one of these, grab it!

That IS bad ass... what season is that from?

8. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

Got my 3sixteen duffle in medium a few weeks ago. Awesome in every way, but I havent worn it because I cant decide if I want to find the camel version instead. My indecisiveness is a fucking curse. Its only cold for like 3 months out of the year here, so I dont even need a coat unless I ever go to grad school where Id have to walk all over campus. [​IMG] Ive also been keeping my eyes peeled for this one by CDG [​IMG]

9. APK

APK Senior member

I questioned whether I'd made a mistake in choosing the charcoal over the camel. The latter is stunning and I'd get it if I had more dough. But it came down to needing a coat that offered more versatility. For my current wardrobe, that meant the charcoal version.

10. BrettChaotix

It's a few years old bac before W&H seemed have abandoned it's more modern stuff for the new traditional/workwear inspired recent changes.... I have all sorts of old W&H stuff thats way more edgy than what they do now.

11. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

IMO the lowest toggle on the 3sixteen duffle is poorly placed. Too low, especially on a slimmer-than-traditional coat. Otherwise I dig it.

12. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

Anyone have experience with the Uniqlo duffle coat? At $130 I'm pretty seriously considering it...

13. BrettChaotix

Anyone have experience with the Uniqlo duffle coat? At $130 I'm pretty seriously considering it...

I would assume that you shouldn't expect it to last more than a couple of seasons but for only $130 you might as well pull the trigger to experiment.

14. chealy

chealy New Member

i have a 3sixteen charcoal duffle size medium that i want to get rid of. it is too small for me. was purchased from self edge ny.

15. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

[​IMG] this one from deluxe is nice - if i didn't already pick up a duffel this season, i'd def. consider getting it.