1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What's the word on Duffel Coats?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sharks9022, Dec 18, 2009.

1. yfarmanara

yfarmanara Well-Known Member

Try Extra Butter NY. That's where I got mine. Ask to speak to Jason (516-632-5150).

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

2. yfarmanara

yfarmanara Well-Known Member

I bought this bad-ass W+H duffel coat from another forum member. It's my go-to coat for snow days.

It's heavy and warm as hell but also has a ton of detail throughout that definitely gets noticed - the buttons are engraved, the inside of the hood is extra thick and ribbed fabric to keep it from sliding around, the extra later of fabric around the shoulders keeps the rain out and the lower sleeves have a second cotton/elastic layer inside to wrap around your forearm and keep the wind out. The only complaint is the lack of inner pockets. If you can find one of these, grab it!

That IS bad ass... what season is that from?

3. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

Got my 3sixteen duffle in medium a few weeks ago. Awesome in every way, but I havent worn it because I cant decide if I want to find the camel version instead. My indecisiveness is a fucking curse. Its only cold for like 3 months out of the year here, so I dont even need a coat unless I ever go to grad school where Id have to walk all over campus. [​IMG] Ive also been keeping my eyes peeled for this one by CDG [​IMG]

4. APK

APK Senior member

I questioned whether I'd made a mistake in choosing the charcoal over the camel. The latter is stunning and I'd get it if I had more dough. But it came down to needing a coat that offered more versatility. For my current wardrobe, that meant the charcoal version.

5. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

It's a few years old bac before W&H seemed have abandoned it's more modern stuff for the new traditional/workwear inspired recent changes.... I have all sorts of old W&H stuff thats way more edgy than what they do now.

I bought this bad-ass W+H duffel coat from another forum member. It's my go-to coat for snow days.

It's heavy and warm as hell but also has a ton of detail throughout that definitely gets noticed - the buttons are engraved, the inside of the hood is extra thick and ribbed fabric to keep it from sliding around, the extra later of fabric around the shoulders keeps the rain out and the lower sleeves have a second cotton/elastic layer inside to wrap around your forearm and keep the wind out. The only complaint is the lack of inner pockets. If you can find one of these, grab it!

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

IMO the lowest toggle on the 3sixteen duffle is poorly placed. Too low, especially on a slimmer-than-traditional coat. Otherwise I dig it.

7. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

Anyone have experience with the Uniqlo duffle coat? At $130 I'm pretty seriously considering it...

8. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

Anyone have experience with the Uniqlo duffle coat? At $130 I'm pretty seriously considering it...

I would assume that you shouldn't expect it to last more than a couple of seasons but for only $130 you might as well pull the trigger to experiment.

9. chealy

chealy New Member

i have a 3sixteen charcoal duffle size medium that i want to get rid of. it is too small for me. was purchased from self edge ny.

10. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

[​IMG] this one from deluxe is nice - if i didn't already pick up a duffel this season, i'd def. consider getting it.

11. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

That CDG duffle looks different and quite unique. Does anyone know if it's warm? It seems as if there might be some kind of fill in there.

12. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

13. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Apparently, duffle coats have hit hard around here this year. And I'm glad.

I've seen it in more 'fashionable urban males', as well as a strong presence in older men buying a good, fashionable coat for the winter.

Seeing any sort of taste transcend into the realm of old fogeys around here is major progress for mankind.

14. Dentata

Dentata Senior member

Anyone have any fit pics of the Uniqlo duffle?

15. Najee D.

Najee D. Senior member

Not sure if there are any big fellow here, but we're down to one last XL in the 3Sixteen Duffle coat. Send message or email at najee@solemateschicago.com for details.

16. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

any place to get the 3sixteen duffle in camel in size small cheaper than retail????

17. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

any place to get the 3sixteen duffle in camel in size small cheaper than retail????
    you're lucky if you can find it for retail... there is a small camel for sale in the BST

18. deadmarines

deadmarines Well-Known Member

I've got a uniqlo duffle from last season. It's decent but definitely nothing great, has held up pretty well though.

Anyone know where I can get an EG duffle? Yoox had a couple a while back and I've been kicking myself for not getting one.

19. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

Although not a duffel, our latest coat we did with Mauro was definitely inspired by a duffle coat. Sort of half-parka/half-duffel... http://michaeljkrell.com/coat.html [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. acl1

acl1 Senior member

Toggles look a bit awkward to me, although their standard thickness and length are comparatively more utilitarian than standard hip-length pea coats.