• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats the sizing like with Gucci loafers?

Bexcellence

Reaction score
I wear a size 10D in Oxfords.. what would I be in loafers (specifically Gucci)

Thanks

bertie

Reaction score
I doubt you'll get a good response here as Gucci is not a brand favored by many forum participants. Even if someone owns a pair they likely are too ashamed to admit it. The Ask Andy forum may be more helpful for you.

adsmith4

Reaction score
I doubt you'll get a good response here as Gucci is not a brand favored by many forum participants. Even if someone owns a pair they likely are too ashamed to admit it. The Ask Andy forum may be more helpful for you.

He is right but I may be able to help. I wear an 8.5D in all of my Allen Edmonds except the Dalton boot, in which case I wear an 8E. My Gucci loafers are a size 7D and honestly fit like they were bespoken made for me. A lot of people here will hate on Gucci but they are excellently made shoes and if you don't get the obnoxious ones that scream Gucci then it can be a great shoe to add to your collection. Hope this helps.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with some classic Gucci horsebit loafers.

One big problem with buying Gucci shoes online is that you don't know if you're getting a pair in US or UK sizing.
I've encountered both so beware.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is not true at all. Gucci suits and dress shoes leave much to be desired lately but they make great quality loafers utilizing traditional methods. People that hate certain brands are just another type of brand whore.

Here is some educational material on how their loafer are made:

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2011/05/24/made-in-italy-the-iconic-gucci-loafer/

I usually wear a US 11.5 and have one pair that is a 44.5 that fits me well. My other pair (in ostrich no less) must be UK sizing as it is 10.5 and also fits well.

Bexcellence

Reaction score
Should I buy from Gucci.com or a place like Saks? Gucci.com doesn't even have them in stock and says preorder will ship between February and May (seriously?)

Apollotrader

Reaction score
I love bit loafers, I suggest you go to a Gucci store if you can, typically they way oversize. I have to drop a full size.

Which ones are you looking for and what is your normal size in say an AE?

adsmith4

Reaction score
I got all of mine from Mr. Porter. If they don't fit, their customer service is really easy and they will send you a prepaid return label or even pick them up.

GUCCIO1971

Reaction score
Hello Bexcellence.

Wise choice in considering buying GUCCI loafers/oxfords. If you do end up purchasing a pair it will be a decision you will not regret - trust me.

I'm a GUCCI fanatic and have an extensive collection, primarily in shoes. Due to the many shoe options I have, all my shoes are in great shape and have held up great over the years. Consider shoe buying as an investment. My motto is "I'm too poor to buy cheap shoes" so every time I purchase a pair of GUCCI I make sure to also purchase cedar shoe trees. It's a must! In fact, I have some on now.

With that being said, your shoe sizing will vary in GUCCI. Since you wear a 10D in all other shoes you want to make sure that you find size 10D in GUCCI or even size 9G in GUCCI. Any time you see the letter G behind a number it means the size will bump up 1 whole size.

Also, I highly recommend you get to know your European shoe size. This will come in very handy, especially when you want to purchase other high end shoes.

PorDucMan

Reaction score
I have 3 pairs of Gucci horsebit loafers. Two of them are marked 7.5, one of them is marked 7. They are all on the same last, they all fit the same, and there is no indication of US vs UK sizing. For comparison, I wear 7.5UK in G&G (all lasts), and 7.5UK in Carmina Simpson last. My Gucci loafers are the best fitting, and most comfortable shoes that I own. Many here consider any of the Blake constructed shoes to be trash; but, that is simply a matter of ignorance.

PorDucMan

Reaction score
Should I buy from Gucci.com or a place like Saks? Gucci.com doesn't even have them in stock and says preorder will ship between February and May (seriously?)

Do Saks (or any other store) have the model that you want in stock? You may be looking at a new model that is unobtainium until the Gucci factory starts shipping them.

Edit:
facepalm.gif
Just realize that the OP was a long time ago...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics