• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats the safest way to sell a World of Warcraft account?

Bruce9241

Reaction score
I currently have an awesome account I'm looking to sell.

My problem is that a lot of the potential buyers of my account are trying to scam me. I have caught a few of them by doing some research on their emails and paypal ID's.

What they would do is send me money through a verified paypal account, then ask for my account information. After they receive the information they would file a claim with Paypal to dispute the charges as unauthorized. Paypal would then hold the funds and investigate the transactions. I called Paypal and they said they don't protect users who sell "virtual items"

I was fortunate enough to catch a these scams before losing out, but I am afraid to do any further transactions before learning how to protect myself from these scammers.

Anyone have any ideas on how to succesfully unload virtual items without getting scammed?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grow the **** up and stop playing video games.

Astan

Reaction score
which is why he is trying to sell his account...

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ask for USPS money orders. Done.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meet up in person and ask for cash?

keikun13

Reaction score
My friend listed his account on Craigslist and then met up with the guy and made the transaction in person. Turns out the guy was buying the account for his son.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Grow the **** up and stop playing video games.

+1

Go to markeedragon.com and sell to a TRUSTED member. He will usually have a lot of positive feedbacks and deal with many accounts.

sloane3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
+1

Go to markeedragon.com and sell to a TRUSTED member. He will usually have a lot of positive feedbacks and deal with many accounts.

And you know this because you don't play video games?

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sloane3
And you know this because you don't play video games?

When I was 16 I've made something like 500$ by buying/selling accounts but I did quit shortly after that and would advise anyone to do the same. Huuge waste of time.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
This makes the most sense.

That would require someone who plays WoW to step out of their house... like a normal person. Not going to happen.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
That would require someone who plays WoW to step out of their house... like a normal person. Not going to happen.

I don't understand playing video games above the age of 12. It's cool until you have your first orgasm and realize the actual point to life.

Maybe play a little madden or xbox here and there with some friends, but actually doing something that is like a full time job like that Star Trek or whatever game this dude is talking about, come on man.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand playing video games above the age of 12. It's cool until you have your first orgasm and realize the actual point to life.

Maybe play a little madden or xbox here and there with some friends, but actually doing something that is like a full time job like that Star Trek or whatever game this dude is talking about, come on man.

it is hobby pastime much like watching television, sports,or films so unless you also bring you wrath upon the the people that talk about those things politly be quiet

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
it is hobby pastime much like watching televisions or films so unless you also bring you wrath upon the the people that talk about tv and movies why not shut up.

.. Annnnnnd we've found another nerd.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
.. Annnnnnd we've found another nerd.

not really i just found it more interesting to do traveling, but now that you went personal do you watch tv or films maybe sports? and how much time doing so?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads