1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the ratio of SB to DB suits in your wardrobe ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aj_del, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Maybe you were just made for them. Could also be the 'stache.

2. A Y

A Y Senior member

New SF meme: "You have to be medwards to wear DBs."

--Andre

3. medwards

medwards Senior member Dubiously Honored

Or simply that I do not warrant very much notice [​IMG]

4. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

Could you post up some pics of said DBs, Medwards?

I wonder if I have them in my SF DB pic cache.

5. MarquisMagic

MarquisMagic Senior member

But also have this piece of very light gray linen that I go back and forth on whether it should be DB or SB.

What would be the factors in such a decision? Should the fabric be of some weight in this matter?

6. MarquisMagic

MarquisMagic Senior member

I would surmise otherwise. [​IMG]

7. George

George Senior member

My tailor just shipped out a 6x2 Minnis flannel chalk stripe to me in FU brown. Can't wait to get it. I'll probably get the blue version of this Minnis chalk made up as a 6x2 as well. - B
    'bout friggin' time too! You wanna slip into that bad boy as soon as it arrives and get some piccies posted, stood in front of the rotunda of course. Just received some samples from Fox Bros by the way...

8. blackbowtie

blackbowtie Senior member

12SB:0DB.

I have an irrational aversion to DBs. For some reason they are associated in my mind with badly dressed middle-aged pot-bellied men, which is something I am not (at least not yet). 2011 sartorial resolutions will include commissioning my first DB suit.

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

12SB:0DB.

I have an irrational aversion to DBs. For some reason they are associated in my mind with badly dressed middle-aged pot-bellied men, which is something I am not (at least not yet). 2011 sartorial resolutions will include commissioning my first DB suit.

I had the same problem and I discovered Anderson & Sheppard stunning dbs...

10. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

I have about 12 suits and none of them are DB, they are starting to make a bit of a resurgance lately so if you have your eye on one go for it. I'm just not into that style of suit personaly.

11. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Senior member

I have about 12 suits and none of them are DB, they are starting to make a bit of a resurgance lately so if you have your eye on one go for it. I'm just not into that style of suit personaly.

Well, this is a welcome reversal.

12. epa

epa Senior member

When I started having to wear suits to work in the early 90s, most of my early suits were DB.
    Today I have 14 jackets (suits and sport coats), all SB. Not because I do not like the look of DB suits, actually, I find that DB suits look great and as I am tall and quite slim with an athletic build, they actually look good on me. But I do not find them practical: I often walk with the jacket unbuttoned (which I know I shouldn't), and it looks so wrong with a DB suit.
    (I know that practicality is not a major argument and that if you take it to the extreme you will end up wearing horrible ergonomic shoes; I am not taking it that far. But when I have to wear a suit the whole day, I know that I will end up with the jacket unbuttoned, and I hate the idea of doing it to a DB suit)
    (Still, every time I talk to my tailor about bespeaking a suit, I think that it would be nice to have at least on DB suit; but then I think about how I will use it, and end up with an SB one.)

13. RSS

RSS Senior member

For the last five years or so my suit orders are equally weighted SB & DB.

14. ginlimetonic

ginlimetonic Senior member

Hi

I am just about to order 2 DB suits (and no SBs) for this winter while currently have only 1 DB while I have 6 SB suits. Led to wonder whether I would be having too many DBs.

So, what is the ratio of SB suits to DB suits in your wardrobe. Just wondering ...

Best regards

if i do this calculation in Excel, it turns up as:

#N/A

15. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Take a screen shot and post. I want to see how 6 divided by 3 results in #N/A in Excel