• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats the most you've spent on a T-shirt?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^They really need a new logo for CdG Play

$85 for a MFSC tee.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
40ish for a ever tee that was really cool. i think it was 100 originally

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Multiple James Perse tees for $50ish.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wttm
I would love to try a Lad tee seeing how BB1 vouches for them, but I'm afraid I'll get hooked on and wear them exclusively.
You may be right.... I originally bought one Lad tee just to give the brand a try. I liked it so much that I went back and bought 7 more tees just so I can wear a different one every day during the summer. I feel stupid for spending nearly $1000 on t-shirts, but I am getting more wear out of these than lots of other SF-approved items that I've wasted money on, but rarely wear. Also it is not solely about the fabric, it is also about the fit for me. The Lad shirts fit me far better than anything I've tried from AA, Alternative, W+H, James Perse, or MofM. Some other thoughts on cost.... I realize the Lad shirts are likely overpriced relative to their manufacture cost, but so are most other brands at retail. For example, many AA shirts are $22 retail but can be bought from wholesale discounters for $6. I would be willing to bet that at $22 the AA shirt is marked up a similar percentage as the Lad shirt. Additionally, AA is not a "designer" brand whereas Lad is. The retail price of most designer goods is going to always be higher since you are paying for the uniqueness of the design, the lower volume of manufature, and possibly the brand name prestige. In essence what some people are saying here is that they don't support the idea of of designer tees, but a $250 designer button down is ok. Interestingly, most of Lad's button down shirts are priced slightly lower than a BoO shirt. And I am pretty sure from what I've seen so far that Lad is higher quality than BoO.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Dude who cares you don't have to prove anything people spend more money on other stupid ish here and don't get a fraction of the use out of them.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
You may be right.... I originally bought one Lad tee just to give the brand a try. I liked it so much that I went back and bought 7 more tees just so I can wear a different one every day during the summer. I feel stupid for spending nearly $1000 on t-shirts, but I am getting more wear out of these than lots of other SF-approved items that I've wasted money on, but rarely wear.

Also it is not solely about the fabric, it is also about the fit for me. The Lad shirts fit me far better than anything I've tried from AA, Alternative, W+H, James Perse, or MofM.

Some other thoughts on cost....

I realize the Lad shirts are likely overpriced relative to their manufacture cost, but so are most other brands at retail. For example, many AA shirts are $22 retail but can be bought from wholesale discounters for $6. I would be willing to bet that at $22 the AA shirt is marked up a similar percentage as the Lad shirt.

Additionally, AA is not a "designer" brand whereas Lad is. The retail price of most designer goods is going to always be higher since you are paying for the uniqueness of the design, the lower volume of manufature, and possibly the brand name prestige. In essence what some people are saying here is that they don't support the idea of of designer tees, but a $250 designer button down is ok.

Interestingly, most of Lad's button down shirts are priced slightly lower than a BoO shirt. And I am pretty sure from what I've seen so far that Lad is higher quality than BoO.

Is Lad Musician typical Japanese sizing-- i.e. a medium 38" chest would go with a size L?

I always liked that Sid & Nancy "Destroy" tee.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Is Lad Musician typical Japanese sizing-- i.e. a medium 38" chest would go with a size L?

I always liked that Sid & Nancy "Destroy" tee.

Lad's tee t-shirts run slightly large relative to the marked size. I have a 34" chest and wear size XS in nearly everything. Lad size 42 fits me perfectly, which is a whole size smaller than my normal euro size of 44.

With a 38" chest you could try size 46 if you don't mind a tight fit (19.1" pit-to-pit). However size 48 would probably be better. Unfortunately size 46 is often Lad's largest size. They only appear to offer size 48 for the t-shirts they believe will be most popular.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Lad's tee t-shirts run slightly large relative to the marked size. I have a 34" chest and wear size XS in nearly everything. Lad size 42 fits me perfectly, which is a whole size smaller than my normal euro size of 44.
Wouldn't this mean they run small? Which is basically confirming what he asked?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol

Run large = size is larger than tag would suggest.

If he normally fits a 44 but fits a 42 in Lad, then the 42 is larger than the tag would suggest = runs large.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
No sir. The shirts are actually larger than marked = you should size down. This is actually the opposite of most other Japanese brands that I have experience with where you usually need to size up. It's roughly like this for Lad tees... 42 = XS 44 = S 46 = S/M 48 = M Note that I'm referring to the Lad t-shirts only. Their other pieces appear to be marked more true to size (using euro sizing).

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
No sir. The shirts are actually larger than marked = you should size down. This is actually the opposite of most other Japanese brands that I have experience with where you usually need to size up. It's roughly like this for Lad tees... 42 = XS 44 = S 46 = S/M 48 = M Note that I'm referring to the Lad t-shirts only. Their other pieces appear to be marked more true to size (using euro sizing).
Do you know of any other brands that make a 42? Cause I'm a true 44/vanity sized 42 and its next to impossible finding stuff that fits me.

__CB__

Reaction score
A Jil Sander one (<$100), was nice but managed to ruin it pretty quickly... so nowadays its all $5 tees, no need to worry what happens to 'em.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads