• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the most you've paid for a pair of jeans?

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Just curious, as another post recently pointed out that varying opinions on the value of jeans are rampant, even within the confines of the Styleforum. So, how much was the most you've ever paid, what were the jeans, were they worth it, and would you pay more under the right circumstances?

I'll start:

$198.00 for a pair of PDC; got them home, decided I hated them and returned them.
$175.00 for a pair from Hugo Hugo Boss; wearing them right now, love them.

I would pay more, if I found the right pair.

Dan

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$120 for Diesel Kratts in 2000. I was astonished at myself, but absolutely got my money's worth. I would pay more if I found a pair in-person that I liked as much; my $89 or so sevens are close, and fit me pretty great.

In between these are a bunch of outlet levis, where I've found premiums and the Type 1s that came out a couple years ago , all for like $30.
Also just got a pair of Wrangler 47s that I like for $76 - but would have been disappointed if I'd paid full price, I think.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well as the cheap scape that made the point, I will answer that, $75, and I thought I was crazy but the were RL, and I liked the way they fit. But not on an everday basis would I even contemplate that for something I might wear once a week.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$148 for each of my three pair of Sevens. My PDC's were $138, as I got them 20% off.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$95 for my PDC 2-year LTD just last Saturday at the Louis sale. Definitely worth the money, indeed even worth a bit more (so I felt like I got a REAL bargain because I paid below my BATNA price).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paid $150 for my second pair of Paper Denim's - the now defunct ICN Clone, about 3 or 4 years ago now.  I still have them, and they are still quite wearable, although a little threadbare around the crotch and butt.  The color on them is terrific, a faded dark blue with a greycast, and with a distinct striated pattern found only on well aged, quality denim.  They've aged better than any jean I've ever owned, including jeans from brands noted for aging well like A.P.C.'s, Denime's, Edwins.  And 3 years the way I wear jeans is about 10 years in any regular person's world...   Put it this way, I completely wore out a pair of (the newer) Paper Denim 1-years in just under 1 year.  I'm talking about threadbare crotch, a butt that needed to be patched, and holes (from wear, not deliberately put there) in both knees that were patched, worn out again, and were repatched.  I have them still.  If anyone in the Boston area doesn't believe me, P.M. me, and I'll show you.  A pair of 2 year old A.P.C.'s have faired only slightly better. Hey don't make'm like they used to...

Anyway, to get back on point, they were pretty much brand new to the market then, and I couldn't get anyone I knew to get a pair for me on the cheap, so I sucked up the price. Since then, I think that most I've spent is $135, on the now souvenir value only pair of GTO 1-years I described above.

(Of course, my original pair of Paper Denims I gave away (to my regret) on my move east - a precursor of the now familiar LTD model.  Didn't like the higher rise, but regret giving them)

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I paid around $190 for a pair of Diesel Snakex around five years ago. Yup, more than retail, but they had just been discountinued and they are still my favorite pair of jeans.

More recently, I bought some Gucci jeans for $150ish that retailed for $400(ish?). Sorry, numbers are fuzzy and I can't find the thread right now...

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$118 for a pair of Seven jeans, still my favorite pair of jeans (although I wear PDCs much more often and only wear these when going out, but they are a perfect high contrast wash)

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I paid probably $80 once for a pair of Girbaud's - back in 1990 - when they were the thing.

Currently, I have a pair of Lucky's that I got for $39.99 at Nordstrom Rack and two pairs of Levi's 550 that I got for about $20 at Costco.

Sorry - I can't bring myself to pay more for jeans.

Bradford

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I paid probably $80 once for a pair of Girbaud's - back in 1990 - when they were the thing.

Currently, I have a pair of Lucky's that I got for $39.99 at Nordstrom Rack and two pairs of Levi's 550 that I got for about $20 at Costco.

Sorry - I can't bring myself to pay more for jeans.

Bradford
My man....thanks....I need some help here sounding SANE...

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$125 for a pair of Diesel Kuratts which are hands-down the best-fitting pair of jeans I've ever worn.  Bought two more (authentic) pair off ebay for $80 and $40.

Prior to that, $100 for Hugo Boss jeans that had a pretty cool wash, but I didn't appreciate fit as much back then.

For an item of clothing that gets as much wear as my jeans, $125 is a reasonable price to pay for good quality and good fit.  When I start wearing my yet-to-be-acquired moleskins and flannels instead of jeans, I'll curtail my jeans expenditures.

dan

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
$100 after shipping for PDC LTD's on ebay. I generally pay less, but don't regret the purchase, they are worth it.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I paid $187 for a pair of JP Da'Mage. I'm a big denim fan, or should say i was, now i've moved on to suits and the like don't know what one is worse.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that brings back some memories. I had a couple of pair of Girbauds back in '93, my sophomore year of high school.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads