• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the most you will spend on shoes?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
What's the most you will spend on a pair of shoes?

Feel free to add any comments on what your thinking is...

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I average well under $200 for my shoes. I'm pretty cheap.

I would pay about $450 for a rtw I really wanted (although I have not paid this much yet).

I would pay $1500 or $2000 for bespoke, which of course I have no means to do. But I do think it's justified.

flylot74

Reaction score
If those Vass I tried on had fit, I would have pulled the trigger. I am still waiting for the right shoes, but 1K? No problem for the right shoes.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've spent up to $2500, but I can't bring myself to up it from there and try English bespoke.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
$2k is my max which rules out most, if not all of the UK based bespoke guys.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I have spent $3K each on bespoke English shoes in the past but these days I think $2K is my upper limit.

Some of the $1K shoes are well enough made now that I'm tempted to spend the same money and get two pair of $1K.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
$2k is my max which rules out most, if not all of the UK based bespoke guys.

but... if you held off buying one pair of shoes, then you could get a $4k pair? I mean, you buy so many shoes, that this logic would work well in your favor... if you held off buying two pair of shoes, then you could get a $6k pair, etc.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
but... if you held off buying one pair of shoes, then you could get a $4k pair? I mean, you buy so many shoes, that this logic would work well in your favor... if you held off buying two pair of shoes, then you could get a $6k pair, etc.

The logic is sound but I've got a bespoke maker who is less than $2k/order and who I quite like. If that were to disappear, I might look to Cleverley or G&G.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can`t imagine shoes worth more than the $2.5K mark unless you use exotic skins.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
Not a huge deal but the poll would be a bit more accurate if the higher points were $3k and $6k. The lower amount is where the English guys are now, and John Lobb Paris is near the higher point given the weak dollar.

Fair point Will. I would say if one is $500 to $1K withing the price point then that's close enough. Just be in the ballpark of the poll choices if that helps.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1K is a nice round number. I got my Vuitton's for a little less than that but for a really nice pair I'd go that high. The thing is I love loafers, not really a fan of laces, so it works in my favor becasue loafers always seem to be better priced than thier laced counter parts.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i have got bespoke G&G on the way so i think that explains it all but i would not want to pay much over 1-1.5K for RTW

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I average well under $200 for my shoes. I'm pretty cheap.

I would pay about $450 for a rtw I really wanted (although I have not paid this much yet).

I would pay $1500 or $2000 for bespoke, which of course I have no means to do. But I do think it's justified.

+1 to this

(except I broke the $450 rule this month for the first time)

inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics