• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the most comfortable sheets, pillows, comforters, etc?

sdsurfer

Reaction score
I want to totally redo my place and I'm starting with upgrading my bed. I'm buying a Tempur Pedic king size bed to this weekend. I would like to top it off by getting the most comfortable sheets, pillows, and comforter to top it all off. Any suggestions?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He did say most comfortable...I'd personally have to say the two I purchased (for much less than $700 each) have been worth the money in sleep quality.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
German pillows are the bestest. You can get comparable quality for <$100, and perfectly adequate quality for ~$30. What's the point of 900 TC on a pillow that's going to get covered with a case anyway?

Tom

raley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
He did say most comfortable...I'd personally have to say the two I purchased (for much less than $700 each) have been worth the money in sleep quality.

Are they typical of down pillows though, and extremely soft/squishy? I tend to like a firmer pillow.

sdsurfer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raley
Are they typical of down pillows though, and extremely soft/squishy? I tend to like a firmer pillow.

Yeah I tend to be a stomach sleeper so I need something that would be good for that.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raley

No, they are fairly firm, but soft at the same time, they have an enormous amount of down fill. I like my pillows fairly firm as well but these are the only down pillows that I would use.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sdsurfer
Yeah I tend to be a stomach sleeper so I need something that would be good for that.
there is no such thing as 'good for a stomach sleeper' - seriously dude, give that up.

You will decimate your neck and it'll cost you a lot more than a 1200 thread count pillow to fix...trust me, Ive been through it and continue to see a chiro occassionally to fix the damage that years of stomach sleeping did to me.

Puts far too much pressure on your neck....

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try alpaca pillows and comforters.

I've used high-end down pillows and comforters and have switched to alpaca. The pillows provide more support, and the comforters are comfortable across a wider range of temperatures than down.

Everyone in my family has alpaca pillows and comforters. We love them.

http://www.crescentmoonduvets.com/

CaptChaos

Reaction score
I switched to latex foam pillows a number of years ago and really like their support. They always rebound to their original shape and don't compact.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
there is no such thing as 'good for a stomach sleeper' - seriously dude, give that up.

You will decimate your neck and it'll cost you a lot more than a 1200 thread count pillow to fix...trust me, Ive been through it and continue to see a chiro occassionally to fix the damage that years of stomach sleeping did to me.

Puts far too much pressure on your neck....

How do you just stop?

I used to sleep on my side all the time... now, I fall asleep on my stomach, then switch to my side later. I have no idea why.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
How do you just stop?

I used to sleep on my side all the time... now, I fall asleep on my stomach, then switch to my side later. I have no idea why.

with great difficulty. when i first had problems i was living with my then gf. She was instructed that anytime she woke up, rolled over, tossed at night, whatever, and found me on my stomach, to wake me up and roll me over, which kinda got me into a back sleeping habit. now that i live alone if i wake up on my stomach and feel like i am gonna keep slipping, i wedge a pillow against myself on either side, so the worst i can do is roll to side sleeping. im still more comfortable on my stomach, but i really dont like the pain of the physio/chiro and all the noises my neck makes when they are putting it back, so i do my best to stay on my back...

sdsurfer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117

Where did you score yours? Ebay?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sdsurfer
Where did you score yours? Ebay?

I purchased mine from the Scandia Down store in South Coast Plaza, on sale in January.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads