• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats the driving force that causes you to return to StyleForum? (MC Version)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His suits could use some creases and wrinkles though. (Hi Vox.)

lovelux2010

Reaction score
a few vox photos can be found in the steed blog..

otherwise i'm sure there are plenty of members on here who saved photos of vox fits over the years, as creepy as that may sound..
not sure if anyone will admit to saving them and post them
fight[1].gif

Sonny58

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Voxy, why do you keep redacting your poasts?

Perhaps he is employing the little-known self-destruct feature on his posts with the timer set to 20 minutes.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Without SF, I'd prolly never have got EGs.
You say that like it's a good thing.

Incognito

Reaction score
As someone who only recently found SF my main reason was the following:

Not knowing enough about clothes in general, I will (hopefully) need to wear a suit to work once I graduate, while that is far off in the horizon I believe it won't hurt to start building up knowledge already to get things right from the start.

While I have come to understand that the quality was even better before, I find it educational enough for the level I am on at the moment.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the driving force behind my love for SF?

Mainly boredom and lack of friends.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Some poasts are great. Others are garbage. I'll wait till I hit 2K to unleash the snark.
You have it in you, Pete. Bring out the tiger blood! You are an F18, bro!
Originally Posted by DerekS
great poll spoo, but missing one important selection...BOREDOM.
wink.gif
oh, and ive been banned from most other forums.
blush.gif

Dont screw anything up here, Derek. You are a good guy.
Originally Posted by thatguymj
Thought you guys might want to hear from a newly signed up memeber on this subject... I've lurked on and off here for a few years as I had a causal interest in style/fashion for quite some time now, mostly SW&D with a little MC thrown in for special occasions. Working in Silicon Valley you so rarely see well dressed people that I found this forum kept me connected to what is out there. Recently, I took a consulting job at a high end mens store and though I don't actually work on the floor I decided to start dressing up so that I looked as sharp as everyone else. The single most important tool that helped me from dressing poorly in my MC attire was the WAYWT thread. Simply by browsing through the last few months/ and some from last season at this time, worth of posts, I was MUCH better able to see what colors and patterns might work well on me. How important fit is, what not to do, etc etc Anyways, I felt like I had taken a lot from this place and that by making this post I could kinda give back, so to speak. Oh, and Spoo, I think you're probably the best dressed guy I've ever seen. I know you get tons of love from the folks here, but I can see why. I also like the fits of Niidawg, Tonio28, and a few others whose names are escaping me at the moment. This is the first and probably only fashion forum I've ever used and probably ever will, so something here must be working right. Oh, and while I am posting here, do any of the guys from this forum ever do parties/meet ups? I live in the bay area and would like to maybe meet up for some drinks and discuss clothes. I'm sure my GF will look at me crazy if I told her I Was going to meet up with some GUYS for drinks to talk about clothes, but given she went with me to a party in vegas to meet up with my gambling forum 'friends', I guess the ice is already kind of broken.
Thanks for the compliments... and welcome to SF.
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
All the cool kids are wearing them....
plain.gif
You......
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
I do miss Bull's pictures
frown.gif

+100

DaBatMan

Reaction score
I'm really trying to build a nice, professional wardrobe that I could be proud of. I care a little more about my appearance now-a-days so I come to the forum to get ideas, see what's hot, engage in some good discussion with peers on items that interest me, and laugh at how people squabble like lil girls sometimes. I find myself on the forum a lot. It's been very informative and motivational to me.

TheEdwardian

Reaction score
There's an option missing somewhere in the middle.

I did my SF apprenticeship in about 2006-07 golden age, got my head around the basics, learned a lot. I can't learn as fast now, but I stay to learn about new retailers (or one's new to the forum - who knows when the next Sam Hober, G&G, or other forum favourite may pitch up. I don't need the warlock level stuff, I can't afford it, I don't need another thread telling me where on my waist my trousers should be, or what black tie is.

When I was a started, I was a student, and couldn't afford much at all. Now I can afford the occasional pair of nice shoes, the occasional MTM suit and shirt.

I stay in the hope of learning a little something about what I can buy, where I can buy it, and the occasional piece or real interest or originality. I haven't done a lot of discussing. I can't compete at the high end, I have no interest in the low end. So I lurk. Waiting.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheEdwardian
There's an option missing somewhere in the middle.

I did my SF apprenticeship in about 2006-07 golden age, got my head around the basics, learned a lot. I can't learn as fast now, but I stay to learn about new retailers (or one's new to the forum - who knows when the next Sam Hober, G&G, or other forum favourite may pitch up. I don't need the warlock level stuff, I can't afford it, I don't need another thread telling me where on my waist my trousers should be, or what black tie is.

When I was a started, I was a student, and couldn't afford much at all. Now I can afford the occasional pair of nice shoes, the occasional MTM suit and shirt.

I stay in the hope of learning a little something about what I can buy, where I can buy it, and the occasional piece or real interest or originality. I haven't done a lot of discussing. I can't compete at the high end, I have no interest in the low end. So I lurk. Waiting.

43 posts in 4 years...

You must be very busy or very shy...

TheEdwardian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
43 posts in 4 years...

You must be very busy or very shy...

It's varied, I've drifted away, come back, whatever. I tended to find my time was better spent reading/laughing at more stuff, rather than throwing in one liners (not aimed as a criticism of your comment, btw) - just didn't see the point of thread-bloating byt adding another I like/don't like your suit which is too big/small. Unless you have the thing on a feed and are checking constantly to be in first, the relevant consensus or line in the sand emerges quickly enough.

My posts have been where I thought I had something genuinely interesting to tell, or new information to add. infrequent checking means that doesn't happen that often.

Do you need to know I just bought a new pair of C&Js, and that they fit fine, and I think they are really rather nice?

Didn't have the relevant tech to post pics of my stuff much. That may change with the entry into my life of a smartphone. Tell you what, I'll post my new suit when I pick it up in a couple of weeks and be a proper denizen. And I might show you what I will wear to the Cheltenham Gold Cup.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheEdwardian
And I might show you what I will wear to the Cheltenham Gold Cup.

No slight to the outfit, but I'd prefer a gold-plated tip as to the winner instead.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads