1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the driving force that causes you to return to StyleForum? (MC Version)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

Well, The Rule is, "White hanky over black heart."

- B

You have a heart?

2. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

You assholes can all go to hell!

- B

[​IMG]

3. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition; And gentlemen in England now-a-bed Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
    +1

4. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- B

5. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Thought you guys might want to hear from a newly signed up memeber on this subject...

I've lurked on and off here for a few years as I had a causal interest in style/fashion for quite some time now, mostly SW&D with a little MC thrown in for special occasions. Working in Silicon Valley you so rarely see well dressed people that I found this forum kept me connected to what is out there.

Recently, I took a consulting job at a high end mens store and though I don't actually work on the floor I decided to start dressing up so that I looked as sharp as everyone else. The single most important tool that helped me from dressing poorly in my MC attire was the WAYWT thread. Simply by browsing through the last few months/ and some from last season at this time, worth of posts, I was MUCH better able to see what colors and patterns might work well on me. How important fit is, what not to do, etc etc

Anyways, I felt like I had taken a lot from this place and that by making this post I could kinda give back, so to speak.

Oh, and Spoo, I think you're probably the best dressed guy I've ever seen. I know you get tons of love from the folks here, but I can see why. I also like the fits of Niidawg, Tonio28, and a few others whose names are escaping me at the moment. This is the first and probably only fashion forum I've ever used and probably ever will, so something here must be working right.

Oh, and while I am posting here, do any of the guys from this forum ever do parties/meet ups? I live in the bay area and would like to maybe meet up for some drinks and discuss clothes. I'm sure my GF will look at me crazy if I told her I Was going to meet up with some GUYS for drinks to talk about clothes, but given she went with me to a party in vegas to meet up with my gambling forum 'friends', I guess the ice is already kind of broken.

6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I do believe I see a white shirt with a white PS.

All the cool kids are wearing them....

7. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

The question I have most of all:

Vox, hero worship aside, you have a great deal to offer a range of people, yet even when you contribute, you cover it up by editing in snark or uselessnes.

There are a number of posters who we would love to see return, but actually your presence is more detrimental to the state of the forum with a teasing almost Greek God-like attitude towards the forum.

From this side of the fence it appears that the forum has bored you (and F. Corbera) so much that you are reduced to simply smashing the toys that you once doted upon.

8. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

Vox, hero worship aside, you have a great deal to offer a range of people, yet even when you contribute, you cover it up by editing in snark or uselessnes.

...and that's a bad thing how? [​IMG]

9. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

You did always have a way with words!

10. Geoff Gander

Geoff Gander Senior member

I started on AAAC, but I find that I would prefer to emulate the styles of some of the people here. For the first year, the shoe damage threads alone kept me coming back. Now it's largely habit, but there's still more I can learn here.

Without SF, I'd prolly never have got EGs.

Plus, I like the locker room ambiance. IMO it's one of the few places where we can be free.

11. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Voxy, why do you keep redacting your poasts?

12. Geoff Gander

Geoff Gander Senior member

He's an artiste. I heard rumours that he'll be replacing his handle with an unpronounceable symbol.

13. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

14. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

15. OyezDC

OyezDC Well-Known Member

Now that is what I call fit and style.

+1 Say what you will about Vox, but his fits were first-rate, and it is a big loss to the forum's archives that most or all of his old photos have gone dark.

16. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

His suits could use some creases and wrinkles though. (Hi Vox.)

17. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

a few vox photos can be found in the steed blog..

otherwise i'm sure there are plenty of members on here who saved photos of vox fits over the years, as creepy as that may sound..
    not sure if anyone will admit to saving them and post them[​IMG]

18. Sonny58

Sonny58 Senior member

Voxy, why do you keep redacting your poasts?

Perhaps he is employing the little-known self-destruct feature on his posts with the timer set to 20 minutes.

19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

More Keyser Soze than Brett Favre.

20. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

Without SF, I'd prolly never have got EGs.
    You say that like it's a good thing.