• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the difference...what am I paying for?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
why the **** do you marsupials buy bimmers when a kia does the same ****?

why smoke aged cubans when black and milds produce smoke too?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
because you can't buy aged cubans with plastic mouthpieces from the homie in the men's bathroom

Mountains

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
why the **** do you marsupials buy bimmers when a kia does the same ****?

why smoke aged cubans when black and milds produce smoke too?

Why sleep with skinny women when fat chicks are easier?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I think people who are new to this and are trying to compare items in pics should stfu until they see something in person and are able to try it on. Then click create thread.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I think people who are new to this and are trying to compare items in pics should stfu until they see something in person and are able to try it on. Then still don't click create thread.
ftfy

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I learned the appeal of expensive clothing when I bought a black shirt from the mall and was like "hey this fits well, cool, it's a black shirt" and then wore it twice because it felt like a sweaty witch groping my skin when I wore it. Also weird white streaks on the cuffs that looked like someone drew on it w/ chalk or something.

I think Uncontrol nailed it when it comes to basics.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wogbog
I learned the appeal of expensive clothing when I bought a black shirt from the mall and was like "hey this fits well, cool, it's a black shirt" and then wore it twice because it felt like a sweaty witch groping my skin when I wore it. Also weird white streaks on the cuffs that looked like someone drew on it w/ chalk or something.
This is called sweat

amd123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wogbog

I think Uncontrol nailed it when it comes to basics.

and what did he say?

TheGoodLife

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amd123
You are right, and yes I must admit I have NOT learned the difference between "quality" clothing...that's why I came here and the current area I live in is a backwoods town in the middle of nowhere PA, so we don't have much in the way of "Fashion" that's why I came here to read up and the more I read it seems people are very narcissistic and yes I know of the cigar thread
facepalm.gif

And no I don't LIKE supreme OR Rap. I do however like Metal/Trance/Skramz/Alt & Indie and Dior ( I tried a friend's suit once, let me just say...I felt like a TRILLION bucks)

what backwood town in PA are you from?

rustyshack

Reaction score
you wonder why people pay more money for clothes, yet feel like a trillion dollars in a dior suit?

amd123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rustyshack
you wonder why people pay more money for clothes, yet feel like a trillion dollars in a dior suit?

Dior IS KNOWN for quality...BoO is an obscure brand that people are willing to shell out 275 for a shirt.
fight[1].gif

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
in b4 jcrew tailored to fit like BoO
To be perfectly honest, I don't see what's so wrong with this idea--I get the sides taken in on my uniqlo shirts for $16 all the time and it works out pretty well--I haven't had any of my OCBDs unravel or rip at the side seams. Boo's overall slimness might be the factor (armholes, etc.) but I don't see why body fit has to be such a selling point when alterations are so inexpensive. Is there some fundamental flaw that I'm missing to this "buy well made shirts and get them tailored to the fit you like?" idea

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads