• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the deal with this guy in the bathroom? (Public Bathroom Etiquette)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is weird now. Because in my office the toilet is very high. I am 6' 2" and just about on my tippy toes. Yet we still have that absurdly low urinal.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i need to sit on the throne at Morimoto before I can truly comment on its height.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Morimoto stall. Tell me this doesn't look like a wonderful place to spend 25 minutes.

I also note that the vertical positioning of the toilet paper allows for a more natural movement when unrolling.

Also, lower toilets are better for a complete expulsion of fecal matter due to the angle of the colon.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, lower toilets are better for a complete expulsion of fecal matter due to the angle of the colon.

Nah, that hip angle makes the plumbing all convoluted.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been told by reliable people (on the internet) that one should poop with the knees higher than the hips.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Morimoto stall. Tell me this doesn't look like a wonderful place to spend 25 minutes.

A++++, would **** on.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

A++++, would **** on.

it really is most excellent. You walk in, the lid opens automatically, and then when you sit down, the seat is pre-warmed (and not from a fat guy).

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it really is most excellent. You walk in, the lid opens automatically, and then when you sit down, the seat is pre-warmed (and not from a fat guy).

There is a ramen place in my neighborhood that has a toilet like that (admittedly, the setting isn't as nice, but the toilet itself is five star). I've been meaning to work up a mean **** and then go there for dinner one night just to use it.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I spent a half hour or so with a fellow Styleforuvm member at the squash tournament at Grand Central a few weeks ago. I bring this up because one of the neat features was that the matches were in a class cube, so as a spectator you could see everything, but the way the glass was lit made the players feel like they were in a normal squash court with regular walls. They didn't see out. I am wondering if the rear wall of your Morimoto toilet stall is lit like that. Do you have an unknown audience? It would be very, very Japanese to watch somebody **** like that. Hell, if you connected your stall with Claghorns wall of soft Appreciation urinals, you might have a winner.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

Do you have an unknown audience? It would be very, very Japanese to watch somebody **** like that.

I have seen drawings of the place from the architect, and sadly, there is no room for an audience.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I also note that the vertical positioning of the toilet paper allows for a more natural movement when unrolling.

You mean the rectum. You expel feces from the rectum, not the colon.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You mean the rectum. You expel feces from the rectum, not the colon.
Don't you be telling me what I mean and what I don't mean! Maybe I have a colostomy and am very sensitive about it.

But in this case, yes, yes I meant the rectum.
patch[1].gif

Claghorns wall of soft Appreciation urinals
quoted for posterity

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last few days have certainly delivered. Keep it up, gents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads