1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What's the deal with this guy in the bathroom? (Public Bathroom Etiquette)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by patrickBOOTH, Jul 11, 2011.

1. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

or taken a few steps back and done "the golden arch"

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. NORE

NORE Senior member

I spit in the urinal before I whip out my junk to take a leak. Because just pissing on the thing isn't disrespectful enuff.

One habit I have it to start opening my pants (mostly button fly pants) on the way to the bathroom at home and I've caught myself a couple of times almost doing this at work. The ladies room door is 3 feet across from the mens :embarrassed:

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

NORE, stop doing that immediately.

4. patrickBOOTH

So I am moving to a new floor in my work building on Monday, I will update everybody on the new bathroom digs.

5. tropics

tropics Senior member

pretty excited to hear about it (0)

6. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

A coworker posed a question to me, our shoulders nearly touching, as we stood side by side with our manhoods out and fresh and breathing in cool bathroom breeze, each shielded not by plywood partitions but by a wall of bathroom etiquette...a wall which ended at the shoulder. He turns to me, our manhoods in the processes of delivery, and asks, "Claghorn, who would you rather have sex with, if you had to choose. Queen Latifah or dead Halle Berry (but she's only been dead a few seconds)? My manhood firmly tucked into my trousers, I turn to leave (as been discussed earlier in the thread, I make no contact with anything in the bathroom but my penis, which is clean. Upon my exit, over my shoulder, I hear, "Dude, Claghorn. It has to be Halle. She'll still be so warm. "

Happened a few weeks ago. Turns out he likes asking such questions. A more recent query: "Would you rather get raped by a guy or rape a girl." I told him to fuck off at that point.

7. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

8. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

I do believe the proper answer would be to (accidentally) piss on his shoes.

9. Claghorn

Any ideas on how to subtly suggest to someone that they need to wash their hands after going to the bathroom, even if it is just to urinate, when out to eat? I go out with this guy once a month or so, and after a few drinks, he goes to the bathroom and comes back with dry hands. At first I thought he was just a thorough drier, but I came in as he was about to exit, and he most definitely went from urinal to door.

The thing is, a lot of food that we eat is finger food.

So...do I buy him a pocket sized bottle of hand sanitizer or what? I'm probably just going to tell him unless you guys have any better ideas.

10. thecentennial

thecentennial Senior member

I fucking love this thread.

11. patrickBOOTH

Ok, new digs are nice and clean, but the toilet is unusually high. Like, I am tall and almost on my tippy toes. Some of these other humunculi that I work with are going to have swinging legs.

Pro: Small office area for only my direct group so any offending bathroom users will be easy to catch.
    Con: Only one stall. People will know when you are shitting.

12. Claghorn

One of the nice things about this country is that people aren't ashamed of their feces. I can say (though I don't) "imma take a shit" and none of my Korean coworkers will smirk.

Sometimes it's not nice though. Like when they come into the bathroom to ask you a question

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  13. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

14. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

There's a new group at the other side of my floor. One of the dudes is a serious grunter when he's on the can.

15. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

In my office there is a collection of people whom print out the same market letter and leave it on the floor of the stall. Every day freshly printed from the color printers even though the only color is the writer's logo. I've sent emails to my managers asking for it to stop, put up a letter holder or anything to clean up the mess. At the end of the day they get strewn everywhere and I can only imagine what a client would think.

This thread should be stickied, it is funny beyond words. How I missed it I'll never know.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  16. patrickBOOTH

What's a market letter?

17. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

Sorry, one of those daily stock market direction letters on a subsciption base. My firm has a few that are emailed out if you are on the list and this seems to be the most popular for colon cleansing duty.

18. patrickBOOTH

It is useless, just look at the futures market, that is pretty good at telling the direction.

19. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

Indeed, I find SF to be a much better use of my time while doing the deed.

20. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

So if I want free market letters, I should visit your restroom? Do you guys get Mötley Fuhl?